RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he was going to sell what has he been discussing with Shearer all week?

New theory: Shearer is part of a consortium buying out the club. Discuss.

Thats no new theory mate ~:lol:

I assume that there's already some interest around - or at least I hope so. We can't be doing with too much further instability.

I can understand the decision, because there's so much ill-feeling surrounding him that the atmosphere is far from ideal for the rebuilding job ahead.

I won't condemn the guy. He made mistakes, but Keegan let him down badly. And us.

Did Keegan rape your dog?

Fuckin wanker has wrecked this club, absolute fuckin tosser. Hasn't had a fuckin clue wot he's been doing, thought it was an easy job, taking us over, spend a bit of cash and we'd always be up there. Truth is, he does care fuckin less that we are relegated, he'll take his loss on us, walk away and never think about us again. Meanwhile us fans...

Still, its all KK's fault like.

I assume that there's already some interest around - or at least I hope so. We can't be doing with too much further instability.

I hope that he's already had a real offer and that by releasing this statement now he's just trying to spark a bit of a bidding war.

The club cannot afford yet another 2-3 months of ownership uncertainty.

Hang on here, the take over thread was mostley positive, why all the worry? we need rid of the fool he hasadmited he fkd up, he has to sell.

I see this as good news, he fkd himself all the way :lol: serves him fkn right..

the uncertainty rolls on.

awful news imo, timing wise.

we're f***ed.

This.

No players can leave/signed until 1st July, im sure some investors see potential in a cut price club who are under performing and (undervalued?) as on paper have alot of assets and plus points.

Anyone who buys the club takes over all of the current players contracts and any liabilities. I'd be surprised if anyone has a nibble at us. Even for £100m.

The club isn't (currently) worth that.  :undecided:

Hang on here, the take over thread was mostley positive, why all the worry? we need rid of the fool he hasadmited he fkd up, he has to sell.

I see this as good news, he fkd himself all the way :lol: serves him fkn right..

Because if there's no "quick sale" we have no manager and a board who aren't willing to do anything. They're hardly going to open the chequebook are they?

I'm not worried about Ashley disappearing, not one bit. He's proven himself incapable of running a football club.

I'm worried about how this affects the permanent appointment of a decent manager and our transfer dealings leading into a critical season.

Guest neesy111

damned if he doesn't sell

damned if he does

Obviously the discussions with shearer are to keep the playing of the club and restructuring of the squad to happen and so he is appointed permently, incase the sale of the club doesn't happen

we're f***ed.

This.

No players can leave/signed until 1st July, im sure some investors see potential in a cut price club who are under performing and (undervalued?) as on paper have alot of assets and plus points.

we have no manager. we cant plan fuck all. our rivals have been planning for weeks.

Im absolutely over the moon with this if he sorts it quickly. Ashley has never been up to it....horrible decision making.

Reality is, hes a greedy twat & will not be looking to negotiate much atall...& it will get drawn out.

I just cannot see this going quickly, no chance.

Guest neesy111

Im absolutely over the moon with this if he sorts it quickly. Ashley has never been up to it....horrible decision making.

Reality is, hes a greedy twat & will not be looking to negotiate much atall...& it will get drawn out.

I just cannot see this going quickly, no chance.

well he's put the club on the market for a hell lot less than he wanted 8 months ago, so he just wants to cut his losses and get out asap

When Ashley goes THEN everyone will drop their agendas, so im pretty happy.

Spending 2 seasons in the Championship wouldnt be the complete worst thing in the world.  Providing its 2 years maximum.

we're f***ed.

This.

Not true, the window opened at 6pm today.

However, players and agents refuse to move until July because it means they miss out on their annual loyalty bonus.

The potential positive is that if some group or individual was floating around before the end of the season and was willing to buy with £250m in their pocket, they might be more interested now and then have more money to rebuild the squad.

Does that mean we have to go through weeks of speculation about every foreign businessman with more than £2.50 in the bank, that has always secretly supported us, wanting to buy us  :tard: :bluestar:

Pretty much ...

Every damned summer same old B.S.

Absolute torture.