The England Thread

Pilko

Phil Jones is awful man.

:thup:

He's a decent CB. Nothing flash but decent in the middle of a back 4. Push him 15 yards forward and ask him to protect another 2 CB's behind him and he's like a fish riding a bicycle. Looks awful in there atm.

p*ss poor, half-arsed defending from Jones like. One of the most overrated players about.

Definitely not overrated by Man Red fans.  They hate him :lol:

Froggy probably doesn't.

What do people expect? We are the very definition of average. We will beat all the crap time, but time after time we will lose against other decent sides, especially if it's a competitive game. Ok so some games against the tougher sides will be close, but the story is always the same.

I sincerely doubt that England will have a team better than this for a long time, it would take drastic action from the way we train and develop youngsters for us to ever have a team capable of competing.

he's a barely competent premier league centre half. Anyone who thinks he can play international football as a holding midfielder should be locked in a padded room for their own protection.

What do people expect? We are the very definition of average. We will beat all the crap time, but time after time we will lose against other decent sides, especially if it's a competitive game. Ok so some games against the tougher sides will be close, but the story is always the same.

I sincerely doubt that England will have a team better than this for a long time, it would take drastic action from the way we train and develop youngsters for us to ever have a team capable of competing.

People expect exactly what is happening, but that doesn't mean they're going to be happy when we concede goals/play shit?

It's like a team of Tesco deputy shift supervisors playing against a team of Tesco area managers, we just won't compete.

People expect exactly what is happening, but that doesn't mean they're going to be happy when we concede goals/play shit?

No, but the reactions looked more like surprise than disappointment.

Had Conte not named his starting XI early and named Pelle up front then I don't think Jones would have even started. Jones is there purely to compete for long balls with Pelle when he drops deep looking for flick ons or to hold it up. Let's face it, he's not in there for his invention or craft is he?