The England Thread

Pilko

Cause I want him to do well. I want all English players to do well. I wanna see England win a cup in my lifetime and being cynical and negative isn't going to make that happen.

Plus the fact that other countries have so many world class players compared to us irks me. We need to start promoting youth players instead of buying shit foreigners like Soldado. Kane was promoted and look at him.

Why are you mad he scored by chance? I said N-O is harsh on English players and everyone jumped all over me for that.

Just wish we could produce an even merely capable creative midfielder

England do produce good prospects IMO, but they play in teams with the wrong mentality (a Pardewesque "run faster, be stronger" mentality) and if they don't adapt, they don't play. The only team where that's not true is Arsenal, but unfortunately those players tend to be made of glass.

Fair probably, but do think that compared to the number of wingers the number of no 10s is really low. But yes, and players who are of a top standard instantly being signed by Man City etc for quotas needs to be banned or we'll never do any better.

Only saw the last 15 minutes, but I thought Kane looked good. You never know whether players are going to be inhibited and nervous when they move up to international level, but he just played his natural game. Promising.

Got to be impressed by Kane's mentality like, seems unfazed at anything. Whether that's a conscious choice, I'm not so sure.

:lol: Well put, and agree.

Doesn't overthink things.

Why the fuck is there a friendly after the actual fixture that (barely) matters?

Because it's a FIFA designated fixture time so not to use it to have a game would be a slightly daft move even if the timing of said FIFA games is slightly daft in itself given the stage of the season we're at.

Why's it such a big deal that he's scored against Lithuania? He's already scored against far better competition in the Premier League. Hope he does well, it would be nice for England to have a semi-likable team.

For large swathes of English people/media type England >>> Club football.

As an aside Kane is lucky he plays for Spurs currently and not some shitbag outfit like us who'd be trying to peddle him like it was going out of fashion at the moment. It'll be very interesting to see if he can do it again next season when everyone is wise to him. Hopefully he can, seems like a decent kid.

Why's it such a big deal that he's scored against Lithuania? He's already scored against far better competition in the Premier League. Hope he does well, it would be nice for England to have a semi-likable team.

A bit of a dumb question perhaps, but are there many people who only follow England? Here if I'm talking with someone who likes 'soccer' I often hear that their favorite team is the United States. I can't imagine that being the case there unless it's just with very casual fans.

A bit of a dumb question perhaps, but are there many people who only follow England? Here if I'm talking with someone who likes 'soccer' I often hear that their favorite team is the United States. I can't imagine that being the case there unless it's just with very casual fans.

Not really, there are a few casuals who come out during the WC but generally everyone has a club affiliation but how strong that is varies wildly in my experience.

They're the ones that sit in those seats on the halfway line at Wembley.

Why the fuck is there a friendly after the actual fixture that (barely) matters?

Because it's a FIFA designated fixture time so not to use it to have a game would be a slightly daft move even if the timing of said FIFA games is slightly daft in itself given the stage of the season we're at.

Ah fair dinkum.

Not really, there are a few casuals who come out during the WC but generally everyone has a club affiliation but how strong that is varies wildly in my experience.

:thup: