The England Thread

Pilko

Guest firetotheworks

Agree that Carrick didn't hit his club form but with a caveat bigger than that point - when used he still looked very promising and a much better fit than Gerrard with Lampard but was always unceremoniously dropped for those two.

What is always going to cost us internationally is we can't produce a top class midfielder

also, wow but unlucky there

I would say we have a pretty decent midfield when everyone is fully fit, but like you say none of them are top class. Who would people have as there starting 11 if everyone is fit?

Decent start.

What is always going to cost us internationally is we can't produce a top class midfielder

also, wow but unlucky there

I would say we have a pretty decent midfield when everyone is fully fit, but like you say none of them are top class. Who would people have as there starting 11 if everyone is it?

Decent start.

I think we need to bedding in a new CB pairing to last, but only Chambers looks promising enough. Full backs would be Baines (know had bad season and all but best set piece taker and experience, Shaw and Gibbs good backups) and Clyne.

Midfield I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 with sturridge and rooney up top (Kane on form an able backup / in for Rooney if off form as he is half the time), Sterling and Llallana on the wings and a midfield of Henderson and...tbh no idea. Theoretically Wilshere? Just not relable and don't think he works in a two.