The England Thread

Pilko

:lol: Miserable watching Newcastle, miserable watching England. The f*** is the point?

On the bright side, you get to watch Altidore in all his glory.

:lol: Goal and an assist vs Denmark, baby! AltiSCORE iyam.

Only to be outshined by Nicklas " Hatrick king " Bendtner  ;)

:lol: Miserable watching Newcastle, miserable watching England. The f*** is the point?

:lol: Bendtner ate. Won't deny.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jozy at CB for the next game, the slap-dash way Klinsmann has been running things.

saw half a post in a preview on tapatalk by someone saying kane has a lack of a ability but seems to make up for it with decision making and timing or whatever it was

seems about right to me, nolan was utter gash as a footballer but he scored shedloads of goals through the same attributes

not convinced it's enough against top class opponents mind

Townsend doing my head in ,blatant dive in the box by Wellbeck and a stretched leg by a defender who had every right to go for it and slow motion replay showed no contact with Wellbeck who decides to dive over his leg and Townsend "penalty ref and even no contact the lunge made it blatant"  ffs man go put your head in a blender you  :tool:

I was just thinking how I actually have a lot more pride in the England squad then I have in a long time, and that i'm actually starting to look forward to England games (although that might be as it means there's a respite from Newcastle :lol:). I think it helps that the squad is relatively young, the oldest player against Lithuania was Baines and he's only 30, it feels like the younger player respect and take pride for wearing the shirt, whereas there was a stigma amongst the older players pre World Cup that they took it for granted, that there place was a given, but now that the only person who is semi guaranteed a starting spot is Rooney, the rest have to fight for there spot, so they respect it more.

England might make me mad sometimes, but it's nice to support at least one time that actually tries to do things. As disappointing as last summer was, I enjoyed the pre match buzz and excitement of being involved in genuinely huge games. Nowt like that with Newcastle for ages.

Guest YonderStar

I hear Woy has got them all singing the national nursery rhyme before the match, even Shrek's learnt it.  ;D ,

Still reckon Kane will fade away after this season. Good asset on Spurs' hands though. ££££ for Levy.

I'm of this opinion. Everything about him screams flash in the pan imo.

Don't really get this opinion. He probably won't do as well next year, but what about him makes you think he'll fade away majorly?

He scores all sorts of goals. He's quick, good in the air, a very good finisher and scores from outside the box. If anything, that suggests to me he won't fade away given he isn't reliant on a particular type of goal or a particular style.

fair play to any of you still paying the remotest bit of attention to england like :lol:

I don't really get this attitude. International football adds a different dimension and area of interest in the game. We can get into debates about who should be selected, how they should play etc

And in particular, this post-World cup England team is capable of some decent football. We just need to sort the defence out.

fair play to any of you still paying the remotest bit of attention to england like :lol:

I don't really get this attitude. International football adds a different dimension and area of interest in the game. We can get into debates about who should be selected, how they should play etc

And in particular, this post-World cup England team is capable of some decent football. We just need to sort the defence out.

I blame Pardew tbh, I still enjoyed football a bit before that cunt got started.

To me, England represents a welcome break from an emotional investment in exclusively shit football.

:thup: albeit most of the time it's equally as much of a waste of time.

Guest firetotheworks

Still reckon Kane will fade away after this season. Good asset on Spurs' hands though. ££££ for Levy.

I'm of this opinion. Everything about him screams flash in the pan imo.

Don't really get this opinion. He probably won't do as well next year, but what about him makes you think he'll fade away majorly?

He scores all sorts of goals. He's quick, good in the air, a very good finisher and scores from outside the box. If anything, that suggests to me he won't fade away given he isn't reliant on a particular type of goal or a particular style.

I can't quite put my finger on it. He just seems good at the basics and has an unknown quality about him and that seems to be going very well for him, he just still doesn't seem like a good footballer to me for some reason. :lol: It reminds me of the whole James Beattie situation in a way. I can just see it happening.

If anything we need to sort the midfield out, better midfield means better protection and in the end a better defense. The midfield is by far the weakest part of the team IMO, there is absolutely zero creation or playmaking of any kind until that's somehow fixed then it won't change much.

What do you think about Rooney dropping into midfield to help in that department?

I have said this before but Rooney while having the ability doesn't really understand the position, he has the instincts of a striker and when he plays in midfield he wanders a bit too much and doesn't really understand where to be etc. Which really leads to gaps you can ill afford to have against the very best in international football.

Basically we need someone to develop to take up that role, there was a hope that Wilshere could have been that player at one time but he still plays like he's a kid in a park and i don't think he'll ever mature into the player expected of him when he was a teenager.