The England Thread

Pilko

Think it was on the TC podcast where there was a story how he (Garth) used to turn up to the BBC studios on his days off and watch the games there. On one occasion after a Spurs defeat he was just sat there crying by himself and all the staff were afraid to approach him, they had to send the make up lady in to console him.

You wouldn't make Rooney captain of the local pub domino team let alone the national football team.  Too much of a headbanger.

Mind you, John Terry strikes me as the sort who'd slip the double six into a pint of Guinness when nobody's looking.

Guest Roger Kint

oddschecker saying you get better odds on 1-0 England than 13-0 England.  It has solid, ground-out 3-0 win all over it IMO.

PP running 6/4 for San Marino (+5)

Other decent bets: Cahill 12/5 Anytime GS, pretty much anyone to score 2 or more, first half more goals 9/5, either of the own goals markets.

There's a pub where I live offering anyone who spends £6 on drinks between 6.30pm and full time a free pint/beverage if England win by a margin of 6 goals or more. Doubt they'll have to shell out on that. :lol:

Guest neesy111

It will be a national embarrassment if we don't score more than 4 goals.

I remember only beating Liechtenstein 2-0 under Sven and that was considered appalling.