The England Thread

Pilko

Well, he's started 3 games in quick succession, and has had to do a lot of work- Our over reliance on him is going to wear him out, and he will pick up injuries like this

But last night he was fine?

Gibbs is class. Like Baba says possibly even better than Clichy is at the moment, has been a bit injury prone but is really good and within the next 2 years I imagine he'll firmly be our number 1 LB.

Gibbs reminds me a lot of Ashley Cole when he was that age. Has that eagerness Cole seems to have lost too.

Would that be the same Ashley Cole who rarely puts a foot wrong for club or county and is widely regarded as the best around?

Don't think his England performances are at the level they were 4 years ago. He's still the best, but think he could be better if he wanted.

He could pick something like:

Foster

Richards  Ferdinand Jagielka Gibbs

Milner      Gerrard    Barry  Johnson

Crouch  Cole

?

Can't see what else it could be. Christ, that's a terrible team :lol:

Guest Stephen927

Gibbs reminds me a lot of Ashley Cole when he was that age. Has that eagerness Cole seems to have lost too.

Would that be the same Ashley Cole who rarely puts a foot wrong for club or county and is widely regarded as the best around?

Don't think his England performances are at the level they were 4 years ago. He's still the best, but think he could be better if he wanted.

No, they're better imo. Cole is in the form of his life, it's a shame the rest of the England team aren't matching his performances.

hope thats true about Carroll,  any slight hint of an injury and i hope  the club are pulling him out sharpish,  we already have Shola injured, the last thing we need is for Carroll to aggravate an injury in a pointless England game and miss the Bolton game.

Obviously it will be a shame for Carroll but NUFC comes first.

hope thats true about Carroll,  any slight hint of an injury and i hope  the club are pulling him out sharpish,  we already have Shola injured, the last thing we need is for Carroll to aggravate an injury in a pointless England game and miss the Bolton game.

Obviously it will be a shame for Carroll but NUFC comes first.

But an injury means he's likely to miss Bolton anyway ???

hopefully not,  he can now have a weeks rest and extensive treatment.  more chance of being fit doing that than playing a game midweek.  Obviously we'll have to wait till 2moro to see how serious it is,  hopefully its something that settles down in a couple of days and he's ok for the weekend.

"We will play with some new players; [Andy] Carroll will be one of these. I hope he will be fit after the weekend's game. Some [other] new players will play during this game," he told the FA's official website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9186957.stm

Terry, Cole and Agbonlahor are out of the squad, but it seems like the injury to Carroll isn´t that serious and he might have chance to play..

Say Carroll will be fit, do you think Capello will start with Carroll and Crouch ? That would be some tall pairing.

:nope:

Reckon it'll be Carroll if fit, Crouch if not.

Capello has confirmed that Carroll will start tomorrow

sweep time. how long will carroll be out injured after the england friendly ?

i'm going for 6 weeks.