The England Thread

Pilko

Not looking good for the Olympics.

:lol:  eh?

2/3 nights of bellends kicking off and a major sporting event has been pulled. I know it's just a friendly but there will have to be some serious thinking done if something similar isn't going to disrupt the games next year.

2/3 nights of bellends kicking off and a major sporting event has been pulled. I know it's just a friendly but there will have to be some serious thinking done if something similar isn't going to disrupt the games next year.

ah well yeah, just tell the coppers not to shoot each other a week before the olympics is due to start, problem solved

Spot on.

Disgrace that this hasn't been nipped in the bud and that a sporting event that millions would have watched has been cancelled.

Could it not just have been moved to Old Trafford or something? Obviously still give people their money back for those who can't/don't want to go, but better to get the game played.

Feel sorry for Krul like, bet he was looking forward to it.

Could it not just have been moved to Old Trafford or something? Obviously still give people their money back for those who can't/don't want to go, but better to get the game played.

Feel sorry for Krul like, bet he was looking forward to it.

Logistical nightmare - Old Trafford can't organise a match in 24 hours surely? Got to think about stewarding, policing, preparing the pitch, ticketing, getting the teams up there and into hotels etc etc.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Spot on.

Disgrace that this hasn't been nipped in the bud and that a sporting event that millions would have watched has been cancelled.

Saves millions of people a great deal of boredom if previous in-ger-land friendlies have been anything to go on.

Spot on.

Saves millions of people a great deal of boredom if previous in-ger-land friendlies have been anything to go on.

Sadly sounds like it could cost us millions in compensation to the Dutch FA.