The England Thread

Pilko

(Hart, Smalling, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Walcott, Parker, Barry, Downing; Young, Rooney)

:lol::lol:

So much wrong with that team.

Considering all of the options available, I don't think it's that bad.

You could possibly understand one of Barry and Parker but both? Come the fuck on. Even if we MUST go with a defensive midfielder id Much rather see Milner in the middle of the park alongside one of them given thats his best position. Hell You've got to think even an ageing Frank Lampard would do a better job in there than BOTH of them too.

Why not even give someone like Muamba or Rodwell a chance as opposed to them man. Fucking hell.

(Hart, Smalling, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Walcott, Parker, Barry, Downing; Young, Rooney)

:lol::lol:

So much wrong with that team.

Considering all of the options available, I don't think it's that bad.

Just doesn't make sense to me playing Young up front when he's had such a good start out wide for Man Utd. The centre midfield is just lifeless, I'd have started Cleverley/Milner or someone else with more energy in the middle ahead of one of those two. Defence is pretty much spot on. I'd have gone with either:-

Hart

Smalling - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Downing - Parker/Barry - Cleverley/Milner - Young

Rooney - Defoe/Carroll

or

Hart

Smalling - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Parker/Barry - Cleverley/Milner

Downing ------------------------ Young

Rooney

Lack of decent fit strikers for the 4-4-2 at the moment really, so either go with Carroll/Defoe or go with the 4-3-3.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did we ever play Smith and Butt in the centre together?

Leicester away is one example. Smith and Butt in the middle, Nolan advanced. Shitty 0-0 draw against a team who played most of the game with 10 men.