The England Thread

Pilko

Guest thenorthumbrian

The Dutch FA can f*** off.

Why ? It isn't their fault a load of knobs in London decided to kick off.  

Guest thenorthumbrian

The Dutch FA can f*** off.

Why ? It isn't their fault a load of knobs in London decided to kick off. 

And it is the fault of the FA? :lol:

Maybe they should get the rioters to watch in-ger-land, that'll larn them.

The Dutch FA should look at the pictures on the news, see businesses destroyed, people's livelihoods up in flames and others without a home to go home to, and get some perspective over what is nothing more than a pathetic little friendly match.

They hadn't even left Holland yet ffs! :lol:

The Dutch FA should look at the pictures on the news, see businesses destroyed, people's livelihoods up in flames and others without a home to go home to, and get some perspective over what is nothing more than a pathetic little friendly match.

Exactly. Honestly, the Dutch FA can f*** off.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Yes that won't make the english look greedy and arrogant will it ?

Yes that won't make the english look greedy and arrogant will it ?

And the Dutch FA wanting compensation after whats went on doesn't make them look greedy and arrogant?

Dutch FA have done absolutely nothing wrong, they'll have incurred some fair costs nevermind considerable lack of earnings from this being called off. Well within in their right to ask for compensation, the FA didn't have to call it off.

Dutch FA have done absolutely nothing wrong, they'll have incurred some fair costs nevermind considerable lack of earnings from this being called off. Well within in their right to ask for compensation, the FA didn't have to call it off.

Force majeure.

Why was this match even arranged in the first place?

Having a pointless international friendly 3 days before the league is to start is about the worst idea I've ever heard.

It's a set International date in the international calendar and is in effect a pre season friendly for the national team ahead of the EURO 2012 Qualifiers at the beginning of September.

Why was this match even arranged in the first place?

Having a pointless international friendly 3 days before the league is to start is about the worst idea I've ever heard.

True. Althought I hate the entire concept of international friendlies. Waste of time.

England U20's packed home after not scoring in all 4 of their games and not winning one. The coach says "I'm very proud of the players though, they have done their country proud over the last two weeks."

:smug:

Theo Walcott has a book coming out (serialised in The Sun) and he's got a few interesting things to say about Capello:

When Mr Capello named his 30-man provisional 2010 World Cup squad on May 11, I was in it. We headed out to a training camp in the Austrian Alps before we left for South Africa. Something happened out there that shook my confidence. It was the second day, and I made a run inside from my position out wide on the right.

Suddenly Mr Capello started screaming at me at the top of his voice. Training stopped and everyone stared at their feet and looked embarrassed. "Theo," he was yelling, "I will kill you if you come inside like that again!" Despite Mr Capello's outburst, I never quite knew what was required of me. I was confused. I had been injured so much that season that my confidence was fragile, but no one ever helped me. If you are the boss, surely you want everyone playing well and you want to encourage everyone. It killed me and I felt it wasn't fair.

I'd thought the meeting was at 7.30pm but it turned out it had been half an hour earlier. I'd had an afternoon nap, set my alarm too late and slept through the meeting. I could feel my heart thumping. I had never missed a team meeting before. I was in trouble. It was the Monday evening before England's friendly against Holland in Amsterdam in August 2009. I got downstairs as fast as I could and spoke to one of the coaches. He said I should go and apologise to Mr Capello. The coach said he had gone back to his hotel room. I stood in front of his door for a few seconds, my heart thumping. I knocked and there was a brief wait that seemed like a lifetime.

Then Mr Capello opened the door. He stood there, looking at me. "Boss," I said, "I'm so sorry I missed the meeting. I misread the time." Mr Capello's expression stayed the same. He shrugged his shoulders, then let the door swing shut in my face. He hadn't said a word. "Oh, f*** me," I thought. It was much worse than getting a severe bollocking. It was seriously scary.

It became obvious straight away that Mr Capello was very strict. It was like being in the presence of a headmaster. If you are eating and you look over to where he is and he is looking at you, you look down and eat straight away. You're s*** scared of him, basically. Every player reacts in a different way but I think that's what you need from a manager. There is this presence about him. It makes you believe that if you follow what he says, you will win things. And when he believes in you, you play better and your confidence goes up. But woe betide you if you put a foot out of line off the pitch. Don't touch your mobile phones in his presence, especially around dinner. That is a very serious no-no.

Emile Heskey fell foul of that one during the World Cup qualifiers when Mr Capello caught him texting someone during dinner. He got up, yelled and chucked something at Emile.

But then he backtracks by saying everything is fine now, nothing to see here....

The atmosphere with England is much more relaxed now. There are more smiles around the camp these days. Mr Capello has changed, lots of things have changed. He is more approachable.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3752157/Theo-Walcott-Fabio-Capello-is-like-a-headmaster.html