The England Thread

Pilko

I doubt Carroll will ever be a player as good at Liverpool as he could have become here.

:thup: Hope so.

Not a case of hoping. I have to say I almost don't care about him but I won't wish him any bad luck or injuries or anything like that - in the end it wasn't all his fault that he moved on.

With a decent ownership, who knows, he might would still be here and scoring goals for us in the Nr.9 shirt.

I just think the pressure on him is growing too much because of his price tag. Also, the environment he was in here, with guys like Hughton, Calderwood, Barton and, most importantly, Kevin Nolan around him was really good for him. He doesn't have that at Liverpool and never will. Nobody that takes care of him.

Or maybe he really is a white, Geordie Michael Ricketts.

There is much more to Carroll than Ricketts ever had.  It's all down to how well Carroll chooses to utilize his gifts and press on with his own development.  He has most certainly stalled in the last 9 months.

He's not in poor form as such; he has no form.  No real fitness or match sharpness.  Might be being overly assumptive here, but I don't think he's been particularly professional with his body and approach to his football over the summer.

?

He's not in poor form as such; he has no form.  No real fitness or match sharpness.  Might be being overly assumptive here, but I don't think he's been particularly professional with his body and approach to his football over the summer.

?

This is implied in the article like. Looked terribly unfit during pre-season.

the welsh team

Hennessey, Gunter ,Williams, Blake, Taylor;, Ledley, Ramsey, Crofts, Collison, Bale, Morison

Their team is a lot better than their ranking suggests but they badly lack a breaker in the middle of the park. Was evident in the game at Cardiff.

Barry hate is annoying.  He's easily the best midfielder we have for that role.

By role, you mean no pace and sideways/backwards passes?

Can never have enough mediocrity.

I don't actually think we have anyone else, do we? :laugh:

As I've already said, give someone like Cleverley a go in games like this. But no, Capello. Cling onto stuffy Barry, because he's solid and stuff.

Thankfully, we have someone like Wilshere - albeit injured currently - who is the future, not Gareth Barry.