The England Thread

Pilko

In fainess it's not like he's got a great deal to choose from.

I still wouldn't pick the likes of Zamora or Barry anyway. I'd rather set a precedent and pick some younger players. Selecting the same tired old shit doesn't do anyone any good.

Only 1 genuinely creative player in that squad in Adam Johnson who won't start. Worrying.

Would like to see Wellbeck and Sturridge both start but again chances of this happening are remote.

he'll get dizzy and fall over, as will most the team. It will be terrible, Spain might feel sorry for us though and lay off a bit...I hope. Or we'll score a flukey goal and the media will go mad that this represents some kind of England renaissance

Seriously, this is kind of retarded.

In what country does the starting defender from the 17th place team who's let in 15 goals and the starting defender form the 18th place team who's let in 27 goals get picked over the starting defender from the 3rd place team who's let in 8 goals.

Blatantly just not bothered with picking players he hasn't worked with already.

The thing about Steven Taylor is, I don't think he's a better player than either Cahill or Jagielka, and either does Capello. They continue to be picked over him because of previous seasons/previous stand out performances for their respective clubs in the past. Capello has never/virtually never chosen players on form, he consistently chooses players who have been embedded in the squad over periods of time. An example is Wayne Bridge. He wasn't playing at all regularly at club level, yet was constantly chosen as back up. Taylor needs to be doing something unreal every week to be getting noticed.

Guest bimpy474

Capello is a hypocritical tosshole, didn't he say i cant pick Joey Barton (not that i think he should) because i cant trust him not to lash out and get sent off, yet he picks Rooney who has been sent off twice for England, both for lashings out like a spoilt brat.

Capello doesn't follow his own rules, the nob.

Capello is a hypocritical tosshole, didn't he say i cant pick Joey Barton (not that i think he should) because i cant trust him not to lash out and get sent off, yet he picks Rooney who has been sent off twice for England, both for lashings out like a spoilt brat.

Rooney's not in the squad though.

Depressing how few genuinely exciting players we produce. Much smaller nations than us atleast produce players with technique, touch, skill and flair. The only one in that squad which even closely resembles that is Adam Johnson and he flatters to decieve. So many dull footballers it's unreal. I could live with mediocrity if we actually had the odd player that interested me.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6116/facepalmlb1.gif

Guest bimpy474

Refer you to Dave's post :D

Guest bimpy474

The man's a clown. The sooner we're rid of him, the better.

Fair play to him like he must be laughing his tits off when he gets his paycheck.

Best paid international manager in the world, who takes no interest in our game, or our youth football.

Whoever it was in the FA who gave him the job, and at the pay he is on, deserves to stabbed in the anus with oak tree.

Fair play to him like he must be laughing his tits off when he gets his paycheck.

Best paid international manager in the world, who takes no interest in our game, or our youth football.

Whoever it was in the FA who gave him the job, and at the pay he is on, deserves to stabbed in the anus with oak tree.

Was on more than double any other manager at the World Cup, insane. 40x more than Oscar Washington Tabarez, the Uruguay manager.

Capello is a big disappointing. but I start to think that he is not the biggest problem, the FA are. it´s baffling that with so many players in total England just can´t produce good offensive technique players, it´s quite embarrassing. But it is not helping when Capello isn´t playing the few that can handle a ball.

Guest bimpy474

Was on more than double any other manager at the World Cup, insane. 40x more than Oscar Washington Tabarez, the Uruguay manager.

Aye its proper mental like :(