The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Roger Kint

Instinctively I don't like the idea of dropping Welbeck for Carroll, but thinking about it tactically it might be the way to go.

I was under the impression that both would start.

The overwhelming opinion is Carroll for Ox

Ah right, interesting, with Young moved out wide I suppose.

My biggest problem with that is Milner is still playing. The service to Carroll is going to have him feeding off scraps, going to be a very boring game imo. No doubt 1-0 with a set piece goal again.

Instinctively I don't like the idea of dropping Welbeck for Carroll, but thinking about it tactically it might be the way to go.

My biggest problem with that is Milner is still playing. The service to Carroll is going to have him feeding off scraps, going to be a very boring game imo. No doubt 1-0 with a set piece goal again.

Think Milner - like him or hate him - is probably the player with the best crossing ability out there, though.

Again I find it concerning that everyone appears to know the England line-up hours and hours before kickoff. Sweden have all day to talk about and work on tactics for Carroll. It's not a good thing IMO.

Is the same with almost every team tbh. In the respective countries, people always seem to know the line-up as soon as the match day starts.

Well they shouldn't. Clubs do a perfectly good job of concealing the details until they are due.

Guest Roger Kint

Think Milner - like him or hate him - is probably the player with the best crossing ability out there, though.

Really? Never rated that side of his game, not that i rate the rest of it either mind.

In open play?  Cos Milner never in a million years would have put that free kick in for Lescott.

Milner's crossing isn't that good. His workrate is though, and he won't let the side down. It's a fair doubt that if he plays wide right we may not get enough crosses in, but on the other hand he'll protect Johnson and hopefully allow him to overlap.

Again I find it concerning that everyone appears to know the England line-up hours and hours before kickoff. Sweden have all day to talk about and work on tactics for Carroll. It's not a good thing IMO.

Is the same with almost every team tbh. In the respective countries, people always seem to know the line-up as soon as the match day starts.

Well they shouldn't. Clubs do a perfectly good job of concealing the details until they are due.

Because the focus on a normal league games, or even Champions League games isn't that intense like compared to a game at the Euro's. A whole country looks forward to just one game on the day. So, no real surprise that there's always someone who'll find out the teams before they are officially announced.

Agree, though, it shouldn't be the case and isn't ideal.

Milner's crossing isn't that good. His workrate is though, and he won't let the side down. It's a fair doubt that if he plays wide right we may not get enough crosses in, but on the other hand he'll protect Johnson and hopefully allow him to overlap.

He will, by being shit and missing open goals.

Guest Roger Kint

Johnson overlapping makes the crossing marginally better but its a shame we cant just go for it with Walcott there, we have a lot of pace in the squad. Wouldnt mind taking a risk defensively by utilising it.

Guest MrSundlofer

Big Ben, from yesterday night:

http://svt.se/svts/article136160.svt/ALTERNATES/large/zlatanbigben.jpg

first they invent furniture you assemble yourself, now this.  'Dem Swedes be crazy.

Is IKEA the only thing you know about Sweden?

Big Ben, from yesterday night:

http://svt.se/svts/article136160.svt/ALTERNATES/large/zlatanbigben.jpg

first they invent furniture you assemble yourself, now this.  'Dem Swedes be crazy.

Is IKEA the only thing you know about Sweden?

Yep.