The England Thread

Pilko

Love how Milner's crossing still hasn't improved since his time here.

Is he doing his old 'get into a perfect position to cross, then cut back, then cross when the chance is gone' routine?

I just dont get him, never did :lol:

I do. He's shite.

Did like the player he was becoming at Vill though, when played in central midfield.

Shame he decided to join Man City, where he has just returned to being a clogger out wide.

Is he doing his old 'get into a perfect position to cross, then cut back, then cross when the chance is gone' routine?

just done exactly this

just done exactly this

we were told this gives forwards a chance to lose defenders, but its actually just shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

What gets me, if Woy was still at West Brom and they had just won a game, there is no way he'd make lots of changes for the next match, he'd keep a settled side, so why the fuck did he fuck with the side that beat San Marino by making so many changes?!

I like Hodgson as a manager but he's just not suited to this role. We need a young dynamic manager who will drop the old guard and get a settled side going. We don't have the greatest of squads but we have decent talent, especially attacking talent, that needs selected, kept together and freed to express themselves. Someone like AVB actually.

Milner should never get a game for England and nor should Gerrard whereas your Cole's, although clearly still needed, should be the back up to emerging talent like Baines. Wellbeck is a much better all-rounder than Defoe who is in his 30s now and is one dimensional. He too shouldn't start games, not ahead of exciting youngsters like Wellback, the future basically.

With England, I despair I really do.

What gets me, if Woy was still at West Brom and they had just won a game, there is no way he'd make lots of changes for the next match, he'd keep a settled side, so why the fuck did he fuck with the side that beat San Marino by making so many changes?!

I like Hodgson as a manager but he's just not suited to this role. We need a young dynamic manager who will drop the old guard and get a settled side going. We don't have the greatest of squads but we have decent talent, especially attacking talent, that needs selected, kept together and freed to express themselves. Someone like AVB actually.

Milner should never get a game for England and nor should Gerrard whereas your Cole's, although clearly still needed, should be the back up to emerging talent like Baines. Wellbeck is a much better all-rounder than Defoe who is in his 30s now and is one dimensional. He too shouldn't start games, not ahead of exciting youngsters like Wellback, the future basically.

He played the youngsters against San Marino, reverted back to the so call first teamers against Poland, agree with the comment about Milner though, should never be in the first team especially when likes of Chamberlain is on the bench.

What gets me, if Woy was still at West Brom and they had just won a game, there is no way he'd make lots of changes for the next match, he'd keep a settled side, so why the f*** did he f*** with the side that beat San Marino by making so many changes?!

Our reserves could probably beat Torquay in a League Cup match. Should we then start them against a Premier League side in the next match. Poland and San Marino are not in any way congruent and the results against them don''t have much correlation

If you want to put in youth just for the sake of it, then I understand, but imo Cole is better than Baines and Defoe is better than Welbeck (who I don't rate particularly highly). I think Cole will still be better than Baines in 2014 as well. If Hodgson or any other England manager fails to qualify you, they will be sacked. Achieving qualification is simpler using experienced players rather than inconsistent, unproven young ones. International football is really a vicious cycle and many teams suffer because of it.

Just caught up with this thread. It saddens me that I'm no longer surprised by the comments with regards to the national team. The pride and passion (including mine) has pretty much disappeared. :undecided: