The England Thread

Pilko

I like the fact that the are new names in there but Young? He's been awful this season. Defoe should get a start based on his performances as of late.

I'm starting to doubt that Roy watches any other football than Liverpool tbh :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/13/steven-gerrard-100-england-caps

Consider, too, his story about his debut, as Tony Adams went round the dressing room bawling at players individually. "Are you ready?" Adams screamed (expletives removed) when he got round to the new boy. The truth was Gerrard had never seen anyone so worked up before a football match.

Yeah can't imagine anyone over the last 10 years being this worked up to play for England since he retired, which has been the problem, not that we did that well when Adams was playing I suppose

Why are we playing Sweden again btw? Didn't we play them just before the Euros, and then again at the Euros?

They're opening their new ground so I assume it is purely down to SEK.

At least the next friendly is against Brazil.

Why are we playing Sweden again btw? Didn't we play them just before the Euros, and then again at the Euros?

Think it is something to do with them opening their new ground, as we played them the last time they opened one too.