The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Miguel Piñero

That was worringly close to the standard 'England need more players with passion' type rhetoric

Ferdinand has pulled out of the squad now. :mackems:

What a joke.

Who are the other options with 2 legs before Steven Taylor.

Called up Steven Caulker.

Poor Saylor but I'm relieved.

Taylor's never going to get an England cap under Woy.

I don't think Taylor will ever get a call-up as long as he plays for NUFC.

Think he got called up once but had to withdraw due to injury.

England's loss is our gain with regards to Taylor. Definitely been playing well enough to earn a call up.

Thing is , Caulker is good too. No qualms with Ferdinand either on current form. But Smalling ? Ridiculous. Taylor should be in ahead of him and possibly Cahill too.

I don't think Taylor will ever get a call-up as long as he plays for NUFC.

:yao:

Yanks....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/234/786/bf7.gif

:yao:

:rose:

In recent years I've never been one for England at international level, the over rated players, jobs for the boys instead of players being chosen on merit has been a real disappointment time after time. Still though in recent years I have persisted with them in the name of it being our country. Now I'm past this, the England squad for a long time haven't represented England, they have represented the FA and now I find it impossible for myself to support such an organisation.

I no longer have any passion left for the FA 11, I cannot support an organisation who willingly allow players to be put at severe risk, risks that include not only the ending of a career but potentially the end of someone being able to walk. I cannot support the referee's and the decisions for the big teams despite  it being obvious at how much they dive, cheat etc. Respect a referee, in the world I was brought up in respect was there to earned not given. I cannot support a bunch of middle aged men who have never had any passion for the game who are so out of touch with the fans and the game itself yet these are the very people who condone both UEFA and FIFA for doing the same.

When they England team once again become that, a team built of English players who have gained their places on merit not on past glories and names, and when they stop becoming a face for the FA then I will support them. As it happen tomorrow I would laugh if the FA11 lost, not that it will happen.

Which English players haven't been included who absolutely deserve to be there though? Can't think of many.

They could do a better job at constructing a better team though, even if that means benching better players. Not sure if that's what you're getting at.

Walker ffs. Another one that's very average yet hyped to the hilt.

Who do you propose they play?

I'd happily move Smalling to right-back and play Caulker or Taylor next to Lescott.

Walker ffs. Another one that's very average yet hyped to the hilt.

Who do you propose they play?

I'd happily move Smalling to right-back and play Caulker or Taylor next to Lescott.

Away to San Marino where defending will not be an issue for 95% of the game? You surprise me, whether you rate Walker or not. I'm not a huge fan either.

Yes Johnson is in the squad.