The England Thread

Pilko

Can't believe we are starting these two centre midfield when we are only playing Moldova at home. I’d understand playing a more experienced side away to Ukraine but if the young lads aren't giving the chance to shine, there is really not much point in bringing them into the squad if confidence to play them isn't given. I'm not even a massive cleverly fan but I’d still stick with him in hope rather than expectation.

Watching England is just not exciting whatsoever is it, they are the equivalent of us on international stage. Lampard and Gerrard in midfield together ffs, I tend to lose interest in games after first half and switch it off.

Can't wait for tonight. Looking forward to see how Jags and Bainesy and Stevie G and Lamps and D-Welbs and R-Lambs and Walcotty all play together, Hodgkins is the right man for the job, da da, da da da, da da da da, ENGLAND!

Ridiculous. Never willing to endure any of the short-term pain necessary to reap long-term rewards, internationally. Always been the way.

Need to put a couple young midfielders in and start forming next team, may be pain in short term but better than Lampard and Gerrard who won't play past World Cup. I mean Lampard has some good qualities, but he's 35 ffs, need to bring through another midfielder, even if not that level.

Also, Lambert - yes it's nice to see players work there way up and make it, but the reality is he could only play in world cup next year and will be retired or close to by the euro's. What's the point, try and build a squad that is sustainable for next 2 world cups.

Biased, but really hope Barkley gets some time tonight. Gerrard and Lampard, ffs.

Never seen Barkley really, heard he's decent, do you think he will be top class?

In a word, yes.

Then again I thought Rodwell would be brilliant - I still think he can be excellent - but injuries have taken their toll and of course, the utterly absurd move to Man City.

If we weren't well stocked in central midfield, I'd have him back.

As for Barkley, he has a footballing intelligence well beyond his years. Could make a fair case of saying he's been the best player on the pitch in every single one of our 3 games so far.

He makes some mistakes, of course, but his directness, quickness of feet and creativity suggest he's got a massive future and, perhaps a bit biased again, but is well worth his place in the England squad, if we are judging relative candidates.

Biased, but really hope Barkley gets some time tonight. Gerrard and Lampard, ffs.

Never seen Barkley really, heard he's decent, do you think he will be top class?

In a word, yes.

Then again I thought Rodwell would be brilliant - I still think he can be excellent - but injuries have taken their toll and of course, the utterly absurd move to Man City.

If we weren't well stocked in central midfield, I'd have him back.

As for Barkley, he has a footballing intelligence well beyond his years. Could make a fair case of saying he's been the best player on the pitch in every single one of our 3 games so far.

He makes some mistakes, of course, but his directness, quickness of feet and creativity suggest he's got a massive future and, perhaps a bit biased again, but is well worth his place in the England squad, if we are judging relative candidates.

It's difficult because I used to think players should earn an England call up and I thought why the fuck is Townsend in there, however young players are not really first choice at their clubs because of the amount of foreign players - us being a prime example. Hopefully the likes of city and Chelsea don't try and buy and ruin him then, he'd be best off at Everton for years to come rather than another squad player at fantasy football united (Fucking hate those two cuntish clubs)