The England Thread

Pilko

I think there's some overrating going on with Henderson IMO. I think some might be mistaking his clear improvement as him being actual quality. He still doesn't contribute anywhere near enough to be considered an excellent player but fair play to him, he's really improved in the past year and currently deserves to be going to Brazil. That, and also I've a bet on him making the squad.

I think there's some overrating going on with Henderson IMO. I think some might be mistaking his clear improvement as him being actual quality. He still doesn't contribute anywhere near enough to be considered an excellent player but fair play to him, he's really improved in the past year and currently deserves to be going to Brazil. That, and also I've a bet on him making the squad.

Agreed. Technically he's still bang average. He'll be given the runaround against good opposition.

Same :lol: Hence praise him on forums/social media to spread word around until chinese whipsers reach Hodgson's ear stating Jordon Henderson is world class and would walk into Spain's team!

I admire that young man Henderson, because quite frankly I thought he was an absolute nothing player previously.

Apparently he works really hard, and is always doing extra training sessions, and his improvement is clear to see, he is still young enough to continue to get better and better. I respect that a lot.

He's nothing special from a technical standpoint, but he is constantly on the move, pops the ball about, and can occasionally play a surprisingly good pass. He can also get himself into scoring positions and tuck them away. He just doesn't stop going either, and makes an absolute nuisance of himself by constantly pressing the opposition.

A young guy with his general mental makeup and professional attitude to the game, absolutely has to be on the plane to Brazil, especially given his performances this season.

Guest palnese

Adebayor? The striker that everyone has known for ages that he can be a world class striker when he's bothered, but can also look like Shola Ameobi when he's not? Aye, well done on that one. :slowclap:

I said Sherwood would turn him around once it was clear he was back in the side. People said wait till the transfer window is closed and if he can still produce then...suppose we'll have to wait till the summer transfer window is over now since it's faily clearly he's still in brilliant form all these months later, he should be bored of football by now apparently.

Playing for one last contract. That's why he's upped his game. Nothing else.

So Cleverley has been picked ahead of Huddlestone?! I'd even select Livermore ahead of Cleverley for goodness sake.

England would be so good if they just went with a young energetic pacy team. They'd do so much better I reckon. Shame.

:serious:

So Cleverley has been picked ahead of Huddlestone?! I'd even select Livermore ahead of Cleverley for goodness sake.

England would be so good if they just went with a young energetic pacy team. They'd do so much better I reckon. Shame.

:serious:

Okay, so not every single player is going to be quick are they! Besides someone's got to pass them the ball. Huddlestone should definitely be in the wider squad. For sure.

:thup: x 100

I don't get the fuss about the guy. Sure he's improved, but I really don't rate him. Should be nowhere near a national team that wants to win the World Cup this year.

I don't get the fuss about the guy. Sure he's improved, but I really don't rate him. Should be nowhere near a national team that wants to win the World Cup this year.

Well when you consider said national team is picking Cleverley, then there's certainly an argument for him being included.

Well, that's why he has a good chance of being in our squad. :lol:

Well when you consider said national team is picking Cleverley, then there's certainly an argument for him being included.

Quite. We're back to the same questions: sure, he "should be nowhere near a national team that wants to win the World Cup this year" but we're not going to win the World Cup, barring a series of miracles. I don't see anyone else being considerably better, and I certainly think he's a more effective player than Cleverley. He gets a great experience which should stand him in good stead, plus having a young guy who runs and runs in Brazil might come in handy late in games.

Really miss having our players in the England squad.

Jealous of Southampton's English players.

Definitely.

Certainly helps in the getting behind England task.

Doubt it'll happen for a few years again yet.

@DTguardian  42s

Tom Cleverley the new Wembley boo-boy. Name read out among list of subs and boos from the crowd.

So much :anguish:

He's shite, but that's a bit much. Especially from those arseholes.

@DTguardian  42s

Tom Cleverley the new Wembley boo-boy. Name read out among list of subs and boos from the crowd.

So much :anguish:

He's shite, but that's a bit much. Especially from those arseholes.

The old addage that he isn't the one picking himself, boo-ing is hardly going to make him any better either. Wembley England fans are totally gash like.