Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Stephen927

IMO there's only one way to see if they're ready - give them a go. We don't have any better options.

I think we're going to be forced to give them a go, it's sink or swim time if we aren't going to make any signings.

For all Ranger bangs in the goals, is he mentally ready to play against Championship defenders? Same goes for Tavernier, Baheng, Danquah...

I think Lua Lua is in with a real chance of getting a good amount of first team football.

Ranger's a muckle lad and not much seems to phase him, reckon he could cope with playing against cloggers better than some prem strikers.

Guest Phil K

Good business as long as the money is put back in to the club doubt that thou

It won't be. We're talking about Ashley et al remember.

it will probably be put back into the club but more likely to pay bills rather than strengthen the squad.

FFS, he hasn't taken any money out of the club. To suggest every penny that comes in from transfers should go out on transfers is stupid, the bottom line is what counts.

FFS, he hasn't taken any money out of the club. To suggest every penny that comes in from transfers should go out on transfers is stupid, the bottom line is what counts.

The bottom line is we have one less striker.

Guest Roger Kint

yes going into a championship season with only shola and carroll as our strikers

we are doomed with these 2 hopeless buggers

Ranger and Xisco too

In any case, the player hasn't agreed terms with Wolfsberg yet, I wouldn't have thought it's a foregone conclusion they'll match his wages here. From the reports in the Chronicle Oba wasn't desperate to leave like Bassong or Beye so it's not a done deal yet.

And a little bit more financial stability so it evens out.

Way to switch angles on me.

Guest Roger Kint

How anyone on here thinks we could have kept Martins is beyond me.

Its the fantasy world where money is no object and we can carry on as if nothing is a problem. Simple fact is we cant afford the wages of these 'stars' and getting a high earner off for a cracking price is fair enough. Just the minor details of replacements i worry about.

How anyone on here thinks we could have kept Martins is beyond me.

Its the fantasy world where money is no object and we can carry on as if nothing is a problem. Simple fact is we cant afford the wages of these 'stars' and getting a high earner off for a cracking price is fair enough. Just the minor details of replacements i worry about.

On top of that we still owe money on him ffs!!

Delusion vaccine needed here.

I find it impossible to believe we still owe half of the money on him. Given that he was three years in to a 4 year contract it's more conceivable that we owed £2.5m on him.

Guest Roger Kint

I find it impossible to believe we still owe half of the money on him. Given that he was three years in to a 4 year contract it's more conceivable that we owed £2.5m on him.

We still owe about half of Duffs fee as well iirc and that was much smaller

My focus is on getting back to the premier next season. At the moment there is now less chance of that happening, obviously if we buy a replacement who can do the business for less money then that's great, but if and when that happens I'll change my view accordingly.

We still owe about half of Duffs fee as well iirc and that was much smaller

Source?

My focus is on getting back to the premier next season. At the moment there is now less chance of that happening, obviously if we buy a replacement who can do the business for less money then that's great, but if and when that happens I'll change my view accordingly.

Fine, but I was responding about finances. If money wasn't an issue obviously I would rather keep every decent player we have, but sadly it is.