PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll be the big fish in the Championship (again) and will be able to make good signings for that league. I think we'll definitely do well again but having Villa and Sunderland there as well is a problem. The mackems have plenty of experience down there and Villa will be another big pull. It'll be the 3 of us fighting for the top 2 places. So f***ing typical that when Villa and the mackems finally go down we f***ing go down with them. :lol:

You would think so but they haven't been down there for a decade, we were there more recently than them! Agree they're better equipped to cope though, at least they have some players with a bit of fight in them.

Not sure about Villa, a lot depends on whether their owner is arsed about trying to get back up or just continues to leave them to rot.

Honestly think we'll struggle, there won't be any money for new signings so we'll be left to manage with whatever set of misfits and bottlers we have left once those who can get a move have shipped out - we just don't have the character in the squad we had last time.

we said when we were going down last time we had no charcters tbh.

Guest chopey

The next manager is crucial, players will leave and if they want to go then let them, just give the next boss control of football affairs and I think we'll come straight back up

Guest chopey

If he gets rid of a few players for a few quid (gini, Riviera, janmatt ) and then gets a few off the wage bill he won't need to spend that much on a few championship defenders to get us straight back up

undecided until clubsale/manager is sorted!

Im staying by what i said in 2009! (however hoping for a quick promotion).

Also gotta say, i loved the championship season :smitten:. A nice break from playing shit every week.

Ashley talks s***. There was enough money for Berahino. Also, last season before the West Ham game Ashley said he'd spend whatever it takes to get us back up if we got relegated. Why wouldn't he do that this time when the rewards are even greater?

True, he does talk pap.

People take far too much credence in what he says at any one point; partly because he rarely does but the guy is a proven liar and gigacunt. His actions over time speak far louder and that has shown he'll bust a gut to look after SD interests in the prem.

People take far too much credence in what he says at any one point; partly because he rarely does but the guy is a proven liar and gigacunt. His actions over time speak far louder and that has shown he'll bust a gut to look after SD interests in the prem.

He didn't seem to bust a gut to get back in the prem last time, Shearer drew up a plan for the club to get re-promoted.  He never called Shearer back, players left the club with no one really coming in. 

No information from the club was coming out in the local press or media in general, the club was left to drift and it was up to Hughton to start the season with players who were left over after the sales.

Luckily for us and fortunate for him, we had Hughton, Barton, Nolan, Smith Harper and a few others who seemed to give a damn.

That pre season before promotion, the club was drifting. 

Guest Phillipealbert

Somewhere in the playoff places if we can find another gem like Hughton. If we end up with anothet Carver, lower/mid table.

Don't think we'll come back up for 3-4 years unless we are sold TBH.

The Championship seems stronger than last time and with Villa, Sunderland or Norwich likely rivals, then the competition will be much harder.  Sunderland and Norwich have players who will be able to cope in that league and their managers both have recent promotions and their squads will largely remain intact. 

It depends on who Villa and us get as managers.  I think we would both be the biggest draws for potential signings but I can see other clubs asking for silly money for their players and will we decide to "walk away" as usual.  I can see us getting to August and struggling to get signings over the line because we refuse to pay the asking price.

Villa look like they are already preparing for the Championship and may well know who their next manager will be whereas I would not be surprised if  we get to the end of the season and then start to think about what we need to do so will be a long way behind everyone else.

Somewhere in the playoff places if we can find another gem like Hughton. If we end up with anothet Carver, lower/mid table.

Don't think we'll come back up for 3-4 years unless we are sold TBH.

We need to worry about what happened at Bolton.  Not the financial side but how it quickly turned seriously bad so quickly with poor decision making.

Unless there is a complete overhaul at the club, including at board level and owner attitude, we have NO chance of promotion next season, certainly not with many of these players on the books.

There is a culture of failure and uncaring apathy in both the dressing room and board room - this is spreading to a large percentage of supporters who are accepting of failure and this can only mean continued mediocrity which may in fact lead to further falls in the club's status.

This thread is totally pointless until we see who owns the club next season, who runs it at the top, who the Chief Scout is and who the manager and players are.

We'd come straight back up like.

Based on what? We got tanked the last time we played a Championship side. We're absolutely bobbins.

We'll maintain a side comfortably one of the best in the Championship and Ashley will pump in a few mil to get back on the PL gravy train. It's a shite league in terms of quality.

We'd come straight back up like.

Based on what? We got tanked the last time we played a Championship side. We're absolutely bobbins.

We'll maintain a side comfortably one of the best in the Championship and Ashley will pump in a few mil to get back on the PL gravy train. It's a s**** league in terms of quality.

It really isn't, that's such a tiresome depiction of that division...you need the right characters to get through a 46 game, ultra-competitive, physical season. As our rabbling bunch have shown, they have the mental toughness of a paranoid schizophrenic. Look at Hull, they probably have the strongest squad in the league (plenty of players with Championship experience) and looked certain bankers for automatic promotion a couple of months ago but are now falling by the wayside.

The conditions were great for us back in 2009. We had by far the strongest squad and a calm, collected manager who stabilised the dressing room and got us playing simple, effective football. Not sure we'll have that this time round.

The Championship seems stronger than last time and with Villa, Sunderland or Norwich likely rivals, then the competition will be much harder.  Sunderland and Norwich have players who will be able to cope in that league and their managers both have recent promotions and their squads will largely remain intact. 

It depends on who Villa and us get as managers.  I think we would both be the biggest draws for potential signings but I can see other clubs asking for silly money for their players and will we decide to "walk away" as usual.  I can see us getting to August and struggling to get signings over the line because we refuse to pay the asking price.

Villa look like they are already preparing for the Championship and may well know who their next manager will be whereas I would not be surprised if  we get to the end of the season and then start to think about what we need to do so will be a long way behind everyone else.

Stronger or more 'much of a muchness'? Don't watch it to be honest so its a genuine question. 10 teams fighting at the top can mean either scenario and if there are 10 teams there because they are all at a similar level then it should make it eaiser to come straight back up