PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

13 points up with a game in hand. could effectively be settled by this time next week, if forest slip up at the weekend and we win both games.

If we get 5 points we are mathematically up no mattter what Forest do. 5 points from a potential 21? We are already up.

13 points up with a game in hand. could effectively be settled by this time next week, if forest slip up at the weekend and we win both games.

If Forest lose at the weekend and we win, we're up :smitten:

Isn't their a few on here who don't want it to happen against Peterbrough because it's their wedding?

I'd rather it happened at home. However being selfish I want us to win the title at QPR cos I can't go to the Ipswich game.

Isn't their a few on here who don't want it to happen against Peterbrough because it's their wedding?

I'd rather it happened at home. However being selfish I want us to win the title at QPR cos I can't go to the Ipswich game.

Aye, i'm exactly the same. I'll be at QPR hoping we need a draw.

Guest optimistic nit

still got peteborough, plymouth, qor and ipswich to play plus that home tie to sheff U. reading and blackpool will be tricky though.

Guest fraser

In a sad manner I've been researching the predictions for us this season:

From The Times:

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James’ Park — Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley — will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

From The Guardian:

Newcastle United

Caretaker manager Chris Hughton

One to watch Nile Ranger, 18

The club seemingly no one wants to own, manage or take a relegation-related pay-cut for. The supporters will remain loyal and their team is sure to draw crowds to every ground they visit. Unfortunately that may owe more to morbid curiosity than the talent on show.

Prediction Mid-table mediocrity.

Wrong; undecided as to whether to name and shame the hacks responsible.

In a sad manner I've been researching the predictions for us this season:

From The Times:

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James’ Park — Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley — will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

From The Guardian:

Newcastle United

Caretaker manager Chris Hughton

One to watch Nile Ranger, 18

The club seemingly no one wants to own, manage or take a relegation-related pay-cut for. The supporters will remain loyal and their team is sure to draw crowds to every ground they visit. Unfortunately that may owe more to morbid curiosity than the talent on show.

Prediction Mid-table mediocrity.

Wrong; undecided as to whether to name and shame the hacks responsible.

Fuck em! Same shit different day.

We've shoved their predictions firmly up their arses and made them look like the two-bit talentless hacks they are. If i was as shit at my job as they are at theirs i'd have been fired long before now.

Brom could catch us.  Forest can catch us and drop us to the playoffs if and only if they win out and we score fewer than 6 points in our last 7 games. 

How shit a run would that have to be?  Our worst run of 7 games this season was 2W2D3L in sep/oct, starting with the L to blackpool, where we picked up just 8 points from 7 games.  At no other point did we dip below 10 points from any 7 consecutive games. 

Holy hell I'm bored.

Brom could catch us.  Forest can catch us and drop us to the playoffs if and only if they win out and we score fewer than 6 points in our last 7 games.

Even if they won every game and we only got 5 points from 7 games they'd still need to make up a 25 goal advantage to put us in the playoffs.  Its heart warming to think just how improbable it is :D