Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/07/09

joeyt

If this is the best Hughton can do he really should be ashamed of himself, it's one thing being tactically clueless, but showing no bollocks whatsoever like he's done makes me despise the man. The last thing this group of twats needs is a spineless tosser in charge, he needs to stand up and give them a slap, not come out with nonsense like 'Nicky Butt is a fabulous player' ffs

It's not about Hughton, it's not his fault he's being lumbered with a job he's not fit for. The players now know there is no accountability at this joke of a club and are free to take the piss....and who can blame them?

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

Its like having the toilet cleaner from Kings Cross managing our team.

Yeh because he admits himself he is a manager doesn't he. :rolleyes:

You and some others may be happy with him, chum

Looking to say "It's not his fault"

THAT may be part of the reason he's still here.

So let's see....he deals with the players, and is responsible for who does what on the field and who plays.

Thats not the action of a manager - acting or not ?

If not, why the hell is he here ?

He's no use as a ******* coach.

He's the first to admit that he's not a manager and shouldn't be in charge.

Guest Phil K

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

I think you're scapegoating him there.

Or maybe I'm pointing out he's a major part of the problem ?

It's not about Hughton, it's not his fault he's being lumbered with a job he's not fit for. The players now know there is no accountability at this joke of a club and are free to take the piss....and who can blame them?

I agree with that.

Guest Phil K

Ashley and co are the main cause, agreed.

But just ask yourself - who else would employ Hughton - IN ANY manner, in the top 2 divisions apart from us ?

Would the makems ?

Would they hell.

You are measured by who you employ.

So that result is no surprise then.

If this is the best Hughton can do he really should be ashamed of himself, it's one thing being tactically clueless, but showing no bollocks whatsoever like he's done makes me despise the man. The last thing this group of twats needs is a spineless tosser in charge, he needs to stand up and give them a slap, not come out with nonsense like 'Nicky Butt is a fabulous player' ffs

I agree that the man seems to come somewhere between a wet flannel and a fairy, but as has been said - he's not a manager but he's stuck with the job. I give him credit tbh, it'd be very easy for him to say fuck it and bugger off. He, like the players, knows his days are numbered aswell, assuming his employers aren't lying to him and all is going well with the takeover.

Major??

I would put Ashley, and every single player before him if i was listing the problems in order tbh.

But just ask yourself - who else would employ Hughton - IN ANY manner, in the top 2 divisions apart from us ?

Erm, Spurs employed him for nearly ten years didn't they?

What would most us do if we were promoted within our jobs to a position which we were unfamiliar with?

I know what i'd do, I would act as if I were an experienced veteran and pick it up as I go along, eventually making a bloody good fist of it. Hughton has just lay down from day one man, he's a spineless w***** and deserves no sympathy.

Ashley and co are the main cause, agreed.

Would the makems ?

Would they hell.

You are measured by who you employ.

So that result is no surprise then.

Jesus christ.. he was rated as a good coach at Spurs.  Keegan wanted him here and as KK left - Hughton was the most senior coach so he took responsibility until JFK came as 'temporary manager', CH was employed to coach not manage.

I'm sure you can see the difference between a coach and manager, how they could be good at one and completely fail at the other.

Guest Phil K
I give him credit tbh, it'd be very easy for him to say f*** it and bugger off.

Would you walk away from a job where you haven't a clue, have neither ability nor talent, yet are on several grand a week, knowing no one in their right mind is going to employ you once the penny drops with your employers ?

No, you continue to potter and f*ck things up until booted out.

Again, no-one on here really knows how good Hughton is at his ACTUAL job!

Stick Shearer in goal and I am fairly certain he wouldn't be quite as good a player as he was.

He's a coach, right ?

You can tell how "good" he is by results on the field

That SHOULD say it all, but clearly not with some.

I would have said last season that the blame percentages would be shared out roughly as this:

Ashley 30%

Wise 15%

Keegan 15%

Players 20%

Hughton 5%

Kinnear 5%

Shearer 5%

Officials 5%

Major??

I would put Ashley, and every single player before him if i was listing the problems in order tbh.

Everything stems from the ownership of the club, if you can call it that. If Ashley made Graham Norton manager would it be Norton's fault if the results started going downhill?

I for one applaud our players not giving a shit. They will get paid anyway and what can Ashley do about it? Sit in his hidey hole down south scoffing ice cream and that's about it.

Fuck off you fat blimp and pay these fuckers now.

its alright people, we were playing from home. at SJP this would have been a completely different result.

Well thank god for this and i can rest easier now so at least if we win our home games we will be ok then ,its nice to win pre season but to get bummed by that score is a fookin disgrace and if thats tongue in cheek fair enough but if your seriously have a word with yourself .

Guest Phil K

f*** off you fat blimp and pay these fuckers now.

Sad isn't it, when we look at Shepherd as a white knight ?

Agree with Pilko, dcmk, and GeJon,  and it is worth pointing out as well that Hughton might be given the top role, but the board have given him no authority.

Whoever Ashley appoints, even if it is Shearer will have no authority with the players as the manager will not have been empowered by the board.

Currently the players have nothing to play for either so you can't blame them.

The buck stops completely with Ashley and Farcical Farce.

I give him credit tbh, it'd be very easy for him to say f*** it and bugger off.

Would you walk away from a job where you haven't a clue, have neither ability nor talent, yet are on several grand a week, knowing no one in their right mind is going to employ you once the penny drops with your employers ?

No, you continue to potter and f*ck things up until booted out.

Again, no-one on here really knows how good Hughton is at his ACTUAL job!

Stick Shearer in goal and I am fairly certain he wouldn't be quite as good a player as he was.

He's a coach, right ?

You can tell how "good" he is by results on the field

That SHOULD say it all, but clearly not with some.

don howe

brian kidd

steve mclaren

peter taylor

not going to deny that today has been an embarrassing and shocking defeat but i can't believe Skysportsnews reaction,  you'd think we'd just lost the cup final 6-1 not a PRE-SEASON kickabout!!!

I would have said last season that the blame percentages would be shared out roughly as this:

Ashley 30%

Wise 15%

Keegan 15%

Players 20%

Hughton 5%

Kinnear 5%

Shearer 5%

Officials 5%

Can we have that in Pie Chart form please?

The was a pie chart in that post before you read it, but Nixon ate it ;)

Guest Phil K

Major??

If you put an incompetent prat in charge of a train, then a train wreck happens

Today was a train wreck

And it follows that the person driving our "train" is indeed an incompetent prat

It doesn't bloody matter that he says he isnt a manager

He remains an incompetent prat and shouldn't be here.

I say again - how many jobs would he walk into on leaving here in the top 2 divisions

That should say it all.