Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/07/09

joeyt

While i might understand that Hughton is there  because no one else wants to be in his position, and even though i respect him for doing any kind of job under the mess we are in right now, i still honestly think he should grow some fucking balls, he can't let player act like a bunch kids doing whatever they want and fucking up they way they do, part time manager or not he's still unable to get anything out of the players to the point that their all walking over him and doing whatever the fuck they want to do.

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

Its like having the toilet cleaner from Kings Cross managing our team.

:lol:

So Hughton filling in for a job as best he can in pre-season makes him a complete embarassment?

:lol:

You can defend his lack of ability all you like, but if you don't see it as a symptom of the maillaise of this club, you're blinder than most, chum.

Spot one. Hughton is one of Ashley’s puppets, the man who  keep things ‘ticking over’ while the puppet master screws us over some more.

Keegan hired him as an assistant manager, and it seemed to work very well early on. He's s*** at being a manager. What should he do? Quit?

Yes. He’s actively supporting a policy of ruining the club. ‘I’m only following orders’ is no excuse. He might be good lad with a poor sense of right and wrong, or he might be a money grabbing shit who knows fine well he‘s helping Ashley destroy NUFC. 

There was some debate at the time whether he was Keegan’s appointment.

By that logic everyone associated with the club should quit. That'd be magic. Except there wouldn't be a club.

Have a fair bit of respect for Hughton, tbh: doing his best in a pretty shite situation. And it's not like we have any alternative to him at the minute.

Yep, same here. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be controversial imo.

Have a fair bit of respect for Hughton, tbh: doing his best in a pretty shite situation. And it's not like we have any alternative to him at the minute.

Yep, same here. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be controversial imo.

You see I disagree. Simply due to the financial aspect of it all. He doesn't have to put up with any of it at all, but I bet he's getting paid enough to do so. Plus he's not getting any blame for us being the mess we are in. Then again that could just be me being misanthropic.

You see I disagree. Simply due to the financial aspect of it all. He doesn't have to put up with any of it at all, but I bet he's getting paid enough to do so. Plus he's not getting any blame for us being the mess we are in. Then again that could just be me being misanthropic.

Must be some good shit your smoking these days Tooj.  :lol:

Hopefully the players did not just think they had to turn up to win this one if they get in that mindset we will be screwed even more this season yellow shirts for yellow players  :harry:

I don't think they were bothered about winning or losing, the half decent ones want to be away and the rest are so shit they would probably lose to Orient most days of the week.

He'll be on his coach contract doing the big job, I can almost guarantee it. No way Ashley would have given him a pay rise. And why should he get blame? The (majority of) players want a either transfer or a manager, and he can fulfil neither of those things for him.

Barton, Duff, Taylor and Nolan were all good.  couldn't care less if the others never played for us.

What?! You want to keep Barton, Nolan, and Duff and get rid of the others?! On the basis of some meaningless preseason match. That's just mad.

Honestly couldn't give a damn about this result in any way shape or form. Just like I didn't give a damn when these same "horrible players" were crushing a similar level team by a similar score. These matches don't matter at all. Liverpool were just held by Thailand or someone ridiculous like that. Last year West Ham lost a match thanks to a goal scored by someone who works in their IT department. We won't even remember this in a few months.