Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/07/09

joeyt

This is worse than Sporting, worse than AZ, worse than the Mackems away game last season, f*** this it's too much to take.

;)

Today was disappointing to be fair but certainly not worse than past disappointments like those.

We'll be there or thereabouts next season and this will be forgotten about. I think we'll be a bit inconsistent, as shown by the great showing at Darlo last week and the off colour performance today but we can still at least make the play offs, even through inconsistent form.

This is worse than Sporting, worse than AZ, worse than the Mackems away game last season, f*** this it's too much to take.

;)

Today was disappointing to be fair but certainly not worse than past disappointments like those.

We'll be there or thereabouts next season and this will be forgotten about. I think we'll be a bit inconsistent, as shown by the great showing at Darlo last week and the off colour performance today but we can still at least make the play offs, even through inconsistent form.

Wooosh?

Crazy result, the greatest insult to fans around the world since Hitler tried to invade France.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:Q8zbUok8Dq4eDM:http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/nazioccupation/images/Hitler%2520in%2520Paris.jpg

:jesuswept:

Absolutely shocking performance. Nolan and Smith are the worst offenders, they were fucking piss poor. Nolan LITERALLY gave the ball away about 70% of the time he had. Smith looked slow, totally without any technical ability and disinterested.

Jonas was fucking dire as well, still can't cross, still runs down blind alleys and still can't kick the ball harder than a 12 year old, Lua Lua totally outshone him. The defence wasn't actually too bad in open play. But dealing with set pieces was hilarious, every single time without fail an Orient player won the header. For one of the goals in the second half a guy had a totally free header at the back post and headed it back down to a guy on the 6 yard box who poked it in, not one Newcastle anywhere near.

Another observation, the amount of blaming teammates for their own mistakes going on is ridiculous, Beye, Duff and Nolan the main culprits. They all just looked fucked off and seemed to allow it to show in their performance, not saying they were playing to lose but the majority were playing at about 60% imo.

Lua Lua and Xisco came on and looked good, Lua Lua in particular did what Damien Duff hasn't done in years and beat a man put in a dangerous low cross, which should have been converted. Xisco had some nice touches and hit a scorcher from about 25 yards which hit the underside of the bar, great effort.

All in all, fucking wank, can't wait to see the back of these cunts who clearly don't want to play for us. To top it off the atmosphere was shit and nearly everyone sat down.

They did score an unbelievable goal though, some guy chested it from a cross into the air, half turned and bicycle kicked it into the corner from the edge of the box, brilliant goal.

What a waste of life.  :facepalm:

Play like that against West Brom (and I see no signs that anything will change until then) with a team of pissed off, disinterested players and we'll lose on a similar scale.

I'd agree with most but not all. For sure, the biggest problem was that we failed to win a single header from a set piece at either end all game. At the back, neither Colo nor Taylor are leaders / organisers, Enrique looks like a frightened rabbit, and Beye seemed to spend his energy complaining. They were gifted some very soft goals.

Carroll showed plenty of determination, and looks like he can do something at this level. Xisco showed the odd flourish but otherwise didn't look like he knew where he was.

Lua Lua I'd agree looked ready for his chance. He was a bit greedy but I suppose he's having to prove himself every time he gets the ball.

But overall we have to hope that the managerial situation is sorted out quick. A big problem at the moment is the players aren't playing for their places because no-one has to worry what Hughton thinks.

in a nutshell.

I didnt see the game, but this is lower than low. even our youth team should do better against a team like Leyton Orient.

Ashley should just give away the club... I had faith in ashley and felt that no one could be worse than fat freddy, but actually Mike Ashley is much worse... MA should write a book about how to destroy a footballclub.

I didnt see the game, but this is lower than low. even our youth team should do better against a team like Leyton Orient.

Ashley should just give away the club... I had faith in ashley and felt that no one could be worse than fat freddy, but actually Mike Ashley is much worse... MA should write a book about how to destroy a footballclub.

When did you lose that faith in him?

Friendly or not, a side that cost over £50m to assemble and lose like that, is a disgrace.

I know.

Ashley can only take so much of that blame, those players need to fucking take a look at themselves!

There was a time I actually looked up to players, but the greed that most of them have makes me want to just turn my back on the game for good.

When did you lose that faith in him?

Llambiarse must be doing a survey for Ashley based on that question.

Whats your next question?

Guest westamfan

It's crazy to think that while you lot are moaning about Kevin Nolan and Alan Smith, they're both on more than the entire squad of Leyton Orient.

Good luck getting shot of them...

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

Its like having the toilet cleaner from Kings Cross managing our team.

:lol:

So Hughton filling in for a job as best he can in pre-season makes him a complete embarassment?

:lol:

f***ing hell i left when it was 2-1!!

I fell asleep on the sofa at 2-1, woke up at 6pm, refreshed the page, saw the thread title and nearly fell off the fucker.

Not as bad as me. When I fell asleep, we were winning 3-0

Guest toonlass

f***ing hell i left when it was 2-1!!

I fell asleep on the sofa at 2-1, woke up at 6pm, refreshed the page, saw the thread title and nearly fell off the fucker.

Not as bad as me. When I fell asleep, we were winning 3-0

:mackems: