Why do non-Geordies support Newcastle United?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing is though, I've never lived in or around Newcastle, and yet theres always been Newcastle fans (young and old) around. If theres a Newcastle game on in the pub, at least 1 other person will be there in a toon shirt, even in the quietest of places. I'm in uni halls, living with a Newcastle fan from Burnley. Out of 120 people in my year at school last year (southeast) , 5 were NUFC fans. Thats quite impressive when you think there were some with absolutely no interest in football, no fulham, QPR, Palace, Gillingham fans that I'm aware of which are all more local. Even despite how bad we are, there's still a sizeable minority who support the toon everywhere with no affiliation to the area. Those that say "No-one cares about NUFC outside of Newcastle" evidently haven't been outside Newcastle.

I think the main reason why I support Newcastle is that whenever there had been a crossroads at the club they always took risks and went for it. I really think that's down to the type of people that support and live near the club. I love it how the club trys to play a style of football to not be successful but to entertain. My dream job in life is to come into this club and actually fix the mess which has occurred in this club and make the supporters proud, if not a title winning top 4 club, but simply a club which every fan can be proud of. That is still a fair few years away as I need my experience somewhere else and its hard to get a gig.... That said these statements have been very generalized but I really do feel like this just from some of the actions thrown out by this club. I'm very happy to support this club, I've been able to afford to go to two games in my time. The  first was the last minute victory over spurs with duff scoring and us getting fisted by liverpool 5-1. I think they were both painful games but it is why i love this club.

grandad was ST holder but never had the $$ to take me with him + was a little ill, he died when i was 14 or so, when i got to 16 and had a little $$ myself decided to attend a game with a toon supporting mate, ('Boro away in the League Cup during the promotion season) and never looked back!

grandad was ST holder but never had the $$ to take me with him + was a little ill, he died when i was 14 or so, when i got to 16 and had a little $$ myself decided to attend a game with a toon supporting mate, ('Boro away in the League Cup during the promotion season) and never looked back!

great way to start.

in denmark they showed a match from the best english leauge every year through my childhood. Thats also one of the reasons for the big scandinavian interest in english football.

in 94/95 newcasle caught me with their attractive football, black & white kit etc. Its hard to explain....it was just meant to be :smitten:

....it has turned out to be a love/hate relationship!

Guest guinness_fiend

My answer remains identical to the one I've provided in the other six or seven threads on this subject ;)

great way to start.

damn straight