Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Krul hasn't been great this season.  Some lazy pundit came up with the line that he "saves us every game" a few weeks ago. He doesn't.

He's had one exceptional game at Spurs this season but apart from that he's been no better than average.

Still love the kid mind and he is the future, but there should be no complacency.

No way he should have been sent off, wasn't far off the penalty either.

Probably could have done better but in the conditions I definitely don't think it was a shocker.

He was the last man, and stopped a goal scoring opportunity. As soon as he gave the penalty I was thinking red card, like wise with the Debuchy challenge.

Guest firetotheworks

Given was generally crap at saving penalties. Most of those saves came all at around about the same time.

Tim Krul committed to Newcastle United - despite Napoli reports

10 Jan 2014 08:09

Tim Krul is set to remain committed to Newcastle United – despite fresh interest from Serie A outfit Napoli

Tim Krul is set to remain committed to Newcastle United – despite fresh interest from Serie A outfit Napoli.

Krul is hoping to recover from a shoulder injury to face Manchester City on Sunday, but is thought to be settled on Tyneside.

He has three years left to run on his contract at Newcastle, but Napoli or any other interested suitors would have to come up with a fee of at least £8m if they were to tempt him away from St James’ Park.

Sources close to Krul say the classy Dutch international is eager to push for a European place with the Magpies and stay in the mind of Louis Van Gaal ahead of next summer’s World Cup with Holland, with a friendly against France now on the horizon.

The Italian side are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper with Pepe Reina only on loan until the end of the season from Liverpool.

Reina is not expected to stay on.

Reports in Italy suggest both Napoli and AC Milan are continuing to monitor Krul’s progress, but the Dutchman is fully focused on the job in hand at Newcastle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tim-krul-committed-newcastle-united-6489989#comments

• 1 month later...

Absolutely shocking tonight, first three were a direct result of him getting his angles wrong on the saves.

Then again, had he missed those, we'd still never have scored tonight and Chadli's was a peach. He'll have better games; we have far far bigger problems all over the pitch and obviously the cunt in the dugout.

He tends to have a sh*t game every now and then and this game was one of the sh*t ones. In fact the worst of the worse. He should and could have done a lot better for the first 3 goals.

Absolutely shocking tonight, first three were a direct result of him getting his angles wrong on the saves.

Then again, had he missed those, we'd still never have scored tonight and Chadli's was a peach. He'll have better games; we have far far bigger problems all over the pitch and obviously the c*** in the dugout.

Very dissappointed in his performance.But second to react 3 times from the defenders...fucking hell/

Not the reason we lost but, and ignoring everything about Pardew etc. Some shocking errors tonight.

Thought goalkeepers were always taught to palm the ball away from danger. He kept dropping it right into danger.

really hope he regains some confidence.

Was reading this article on Lloris

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/13/tottenham-hugo-lloris-premier-league-sweeper-keeper

and it has this stat that surprised

Opta's statistics (not including the midweek fixtures) show clearly where Lloris's strength lies. Although he has saved only 67.31% of shots hit at him this season, which ranks him 23rd of the 34 goalkeepers to have played in the Premier League this season, he has successfully swept up behind his defence 33 times, more than anybody apart from Newcastle's Tim Krul (39).

While I suspect that says more about our defense than anything else, still surprising, usually when I see Krul trying to sweep up I get very worried

I was following the NO match thread last night and assumed Krul was having a nightmare. Quite surprised when I watched the tv footage of the goals and he wasn't anywhere near as culpable as was made out. Similar to Cisse I might add. Krul is still one of our biggest assets IMO.

I was following the NO match thread last night and assumed Krul was having a nightmare. Quite surprised when I watched the tv footage of the goals and he wasn't anywhere near as culpable as was made out. Similar to Cisse I might add. Krul is still one of our biggest assets IMO.

He did have a mare in the first 3 goals. Elementary mistakes in all. Lloris schooled him at the other end.