Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest neesy111

Every goalkeeper I can remember at NUFC have had kicking/distribution problems mind.

Except Mike Hooper, and Harper when he first broke through.

Don't remember much from Hooper just the fact he was a liability which Keegan quickly saw.  Harper was a much better kicker than Given to start with then receded imo.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't say KK quickly saw it. He was no.1 for a while then no.2 for 18 months or so.

Was a great kicker, anyway. Almost scored twice from his area.

I remember the one at Everton, huge kick that was.

• 1 month later...
Guest sicko2ndbest

He was saving far more half chances last year!

All of a sudden they seem to be creeping under him or are just too far out of reach!

I suppose this happens!

The simplest answer to bad kicking is to stop stop doing it. Its something I hate about the English game as its symbolic of the hit and hope hoof ball that plagues us and our leagues. You watch decent Spanish sides and they try to aviod hoofing it from the keeper and so should we. To me its a huge risk to conceeding possession and you rarely get anything meaningful out of it.

Could be time for Krul to have a break. Get Elliot in V Brighton with the proviso he keeps his place if he puts in a solid performance.

Krul's looked average at best and last nights wall v Everton for Baines strike was as bad as Givens for Richardsons at SOL. Hopelessly out of position. Thinking back to OT and Evras shot should have been easily saved.

He's just conceded 15 goals in 3 games. His confidence must be shot to pieces.

He was as confident as ever last night. He came for almost every cross, made a few very good saves early on and actually distributed it short a lot more than he usually does.