Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Great news, comparable to signing Cisse, maybe better. Was concerned with Spurs sniffing around BUT fortunately we have tied him down

I know some people are cynical (and rightly so to some extent) and will say it is so we can get more money for him BUT I just can't see us selling him (obviously a Carroll-like bid would change things)

Surely one of the best goalkeeping prospects in Europe. Concedes a penalty every game but his consistency and high performance level this season has taken me by surprise. Outstanding talent and a player who really enjoys being at Newcastle.

He literally saved the game for us today..outstanding keeper, the passion he was showing throughout the game was good to see too, love him.

:thup:

Don't know how he managed to get to the second shot, did brilliant to get back on his feet so quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone elaborate to me what makes a good kicker? Is he supposed to have pin-point accuracy when he takes goal kicks so the players he aims at don´t have to move, and can just stick a foot out and the ball becomes automatically controlled by the player? Should it also be so hard that opposing players doesn´t have time to fight for the ball or disturb the players who receives it?

If not, then how can he help it if he is instructed to take the goal kicks as he clearly is?

This is a semi-serious question btw. How can you see that his goal kicks are bad?

Kicking is horrendous. Phenomenal save today though.

Held back of his thigh after most kicks he made in the 2nd half, thought he was going to be sunned at one point.

Can't be brining those lights on that help the grass grow while a match is in progress.

Can someone elaborate to me what makes a good kicker? Is he supposed to have pin-point accuracy when he takes goal kicks so the players he aims at don´t have to move, and can just stick a foot out and the ball becomes automatically controlled by the player? Should it also be so hard that opposing players doesn´t have time to fight for the ball or disturb the players who receives it?

If not, then how can he help it if he is instructed to take the goal kicks as he clearly is?

This is a semi-serious question btw. How can you see that his goal kicks are bad?

He just doesn't get good enough height or distance on it. His only real flaw, I'm sure he'll sort it out in the summer

I'd like to see a continental goalkeeper coach come in and work on his distribution, he could also then show Pardew why its important not to just hoof it at every opportunity.

Can't really blame him too much for this issue ATM, it's not like he's getting any guidance.