Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7905839/Krul-fired-up-after-Dutch-woe

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul says he has taken lessons from Holland's Euro 2012 nightmare and is determined to push on with the Magpies this season.

Krul took a backseat to Dutch No.1 Maarten Stekelenburg in Poland and Ukraine and could only watch from the bench as the Oranje slumped to defeat in all three of their group games to seal a shock early exit.

The 24-year-old says the experience was a valuable learning curve and insists it has only strengthened his resolve to claim the Holland gloves as his own in the future.

Experience

Krul, speaking from Newcastle's pre-season training camp in Germany, told the club's official website: "It was an experience for me and one that will stand me in good stead.

"I was involved at a major tournament. I've got to remember that, and it was great to be a part of it.

"It's just a shame that it turned out to be such a difficult tournament for Holland.

"Losing three times in a row is not what the Dutch national team do. So from that point of view it was a big shame, but for me it was a great experience overall.

"Being there made me realise that's where I want to be. I want to be the number one for my country and play in tournaments like that every two years.

"It was exciting to be there, see what it's like and it gave me a real taste for it.

"It's given me a real push to perform well for Newcastle and make it where I want to be for the national team."

Krul, who will return to training on Tuesday, says he is raring to go ahead of the new season after his summer break.

"I'm excited to be back and it's good to see the boys again after a break," he added.

"Woody (Andy Woodman, goalkeeping coach) has already had a few words with me and he's got some training programmes for me to get going with.

"But I'm looking forward to it. Holidays are nice but after a while you start to miss the football and I have been raring to go again."

• 5 weeks later...

Would save their second 9 times out of 10, he'll be very disappointed with that.

Christ! I thought it was a great shot!

I'm willing to bet Torres wouldn't score that 9 times out of 10 but today was the day it went in.

Would save their second 9 times out of 10, he'll be very disappointed with that.

:serious:

He got his hands to it, he'll be disappointed he didn't save it as I said. He sets very high standards, it would have been a world class save had he pulled it off.

Man Utd- David De Gea

Man City - Joe Hart

Chelsea -Cech/Courtois

Arsenal- Szczęsny

Spurs- Lloris

He isn't going anywhere for a while, won't stop the press shit stirring mind.

He's going to be better than all of those in 5 years time in my opinion.

1. Casillas

2. Krul

Man Utd- David De Gea

Man City - Joe Hart

Chelsea -Cech/Courtois

Arsenal- Szczęsny

Spurs- Lloris

He isn't going anywhere for a while, won't stop the press s*** stirring mind.

He's going to be better than all of those in 5 years time in my opinion.

1. Casillas

2. Krul

Casillas the best in the world in five years time? Can't see it like.

Kidding aside I'd be more worried about a bid from outside the PL (if Krul becomes Holland's #1, particularly), than from an English club.

Absolutely, more inclined to sell as well.

Juventus would be my tip if any.

Man Utd- David De Gea

Man City - Joe Hart

Chelsea -Cech/Courtois

Arsenal- Szczęsny

Spurs- Lloris

He isn't going anywhere for a while, won't stop the press s*** stirring mind.

He's already better than De Gea, Szczesny and Reina.

Although for me, it doesn't take much to be better than that lot. Especially De Gea and Reina.