Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

• 4 weeks later...

his kicking is poor, and it caused problems today, didn't really have a proper save to make though and could do nothing about their goal

If he had stayed on the line he would've easily saved it. Hard to criticise him but poor today.

Do we even train his kicking? He hasn't improved one bit at all.

He does a lot of kicking before the game when the other players are warming up and believe it or not, his kicking is first class before the game.

We don't do goalkeeper kicking ability, this goes as far back as I can remember. The only keeper who has shown any proficiency in this is Rob Elliot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mdr8nLqbzXc/TJaxbyZX_MI/AAAAAAAAAHo/4rysOMk8_8c/s1600/78952296.jpg

Thought he could have done better on the goal, it's slightly harsh but it was almost straight at him

It's actually very harsh on Krul.

His positioning was off, he saves it if he's staying at his line. Got caught on no man's land.

His positioning was off, he saves it if he's staying at his line. Got caught on no man's land.

You can always say that, he has to take a position and sometimes it will work and other times it'll not.

Krul's positioning is wank, it's got worse this season, never seen a keeper caught so much out of position, scrambling back or sideways to get to where he should be. His kicking isn't even worth talking about any more, he's set on never improving it, I've given up on him in that area.

We don't do goalkeeper kicking ability, this goes as far back as I can remember. The only keeper who has shown any proficiency in this is Rob Elliot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mdr8nLqbzXc/TJaxbyZX_MI/AAAAAAAAAHo/4rysOMk8_8c/s1600/78952296.jpg

:thup:

True story. MH was an awesome kicker of the ball, nearly scored twice from his own box.

Unfortunately that was all he could do.

Not too far from the truth. Lovely bloke, Big Mike (Hooper).

Keen bird watcher or twitcher he was.

Twitcher was quite apt as my arsehole could be called the same every time the ball went near him.

Couldn't see the point in Krul going up for those 2 corners late on.

Very rare a keeper has any impact in those situations.

An extra player in their box trying to put it in their goal, why not? Might only be a small chance but 40.2% is better than £40.1% :dontknow: