Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

People keep saying that we need reliable Harper to get up back up this season, and maybe so. But once we get to the premiership will Krul have his chance there? I doubt it.

Seems Tim is screwed eitherway. He'll not play another first team game this season unless Harper is injured.

Can't blame the lad for wanting his chance. I am still not all that keen on Harper tbh, think he still looks indecisive at times.

and Krul has looked an absolute fucking liability in the 2 games he's played this season. Which do you choose?

Honestly, what absolute nonsense. Keeping isn't a problem and wont be in the short to medium term.

Can't blame the lad for wanting his chance. I am still not all that keen on Harper tbh, think he still looks indecisive at times.

and Krul has looked an absolute fucking liability in the 2 games he's played this season. Which do you choose?

Honestly, what absolute nonsense. Keeping isn't a problem and wont be in the short to medium term.

This.

To be fair to Krul he's had to play behind makeshift/youthful defences.  Harper probably makes on average less then five saves a game (or something stupidly low anyway), against P'Boro Krul made 20+(?) saves, so it's obvious he's going to make more mistakes.

The only game he played behind a normal defence he kept a clean sheet.

Guest Stephen927

But playing behind a poor defence should have been his chance to shine, the perfect time to step up and make a hatful of saves and really put himself in Hughtons plans.

He did didn't he?  I didn't see the P'boro game but he apparently he had a good game and he made some quality saves against West Brom.

According to who, your pal Mr Magoo? Clearly at fault for the second goal, horrible keeping tbh

He did didn't he?  I didn't see the P'boro game but he apparently he had a good game and he made some quality saves against West Brom.

According to who, your pal Mr Magoo? Clearly at fault for the second goal, horrible keeping tbh

Yes, as I alluded to earlier it's obvious that a keeper who is exposed more often is going to make more mistakes....

This is from Mr Magoo's match report, written for nufc.com:

A strong first half penalty shout for a foul on Lovenkrands proved to be almost our sole riposte, with only an energetic display from Krul (aided by his goal frame) preventing a wider winning margin.

Would rather we blood him than lose him, even at the expense of goals conceded and Harper's happiness.

Ideally all of this is BS and Krul hasn't had his head turned by the big clubs. :(

Even if the goals cost us promotion?

Getting up is priority, we would lose more than Krul if we stay down here.

Would rather we blood him than lose him, even at the expense of goals conceded and Harper's happiness.

Ideally all of this is BS and Krul hasn't had his head turned by the big clubs. :(

Had we conceded once against Cardiff, Leicester, Sheff Wed and Brom, we'd be in 7th place right now. We're not in a position to blood a keeper at the expense of goals man.

Yes, as I alluded to earlier it's obvious that a keeper who is exposed more often is going to make more mistakes....

A strong first half penalty shout for a foul on Lovenkrands proved to be almost our sole riposte, with only an energetic display from Krul (aided by his goal frame) preventing a wider winning margin.

Ronaldo just doesn't like him.  Playing well won't change his mind. :thup:

If Krul just learns to stay on his line, he becomes the better keeper. Shouldnt be that hard to learn. He obv didnt trust the kids playing infront of him so he rushed out more & made mistakes.

That's *very* typical of a keeper overeager to impress, though. Not necessarily a reflection of his ability.

watch the game yourself (or the highlights) next time

I saw the highlights of the goals.  As I said, which you can't seem to comprehend, if a keeper is exposed loads he's obviously going to make more mistakes.

watch the game yourself (or the highlights) next time

I saw the highlights of the goals.  As I said, which you can't seem to comprehend, if a keeper is exposed loads he's obviously going to make more mistakes.

His constant defense of Colo is essentially the same as what you wrote but with 'midfield', 'butt', 'nolan' in his post instead.

Remember him playing for Falkirk, was a great shot stopper but his command of his area and decision making in general was pretty shocking. Needs a mentor to calm him down I think and he will be a really good keeper.

Had we conceded once against Cardiff, Leicester, Sheff Wed and Brom, we'd be in 7th place right now. We're not in a position to blood a keeper at the expense of goals man.

Buy some strikers then instead of relying on shite kids and nobodies.

Buy some strikers then instead of relying on shite kids and nobodies.

Aye, you fucking cheapskate.

This article smells like an attempt by his agent to secure a new contract by dropping a few words with a local paper. Could be wrong like but it seems a bit odd that top clubs in Europe would want a player who can't get a game for us in the Championship.

At the moment Harper's a far better keeper than Krul. 3 Years time and maybe we should consider Krul as 1st choice goalkeeper

Bye bye Krul then.

Hope Forster sticks around longer and improves during that time.....

I like the lad and thinks he's a good prospect, but I have to agree with Ronaldo here. The keeping for P'boros second was just shocking, wouldn't even see that in swedish division two.

playing well, what utter tripe  :lol:

I do like him, he's a good prospect. But few keepers are ready for first team football at 21 and he's no exception. Shot stopping is the easiest aspect of goalkeeping, it looks the hardest at times but isn't. Judgement, decision making and handling under pressure are far more diffcult attributes to master, in these areas he's looked nothing short of a liability.

But most of those things requires that he actually gets some experience through playing competitive games, and what better time to give him that then now when we're in the second tier? When/if we go up this season, he will have even less chance of making the first team next season in the PL. You got to take a chance once in a while to breed talent, and I for one would love it if he was given more chances this season.