Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Still don't think he's ready.

He did well, but there were a few moments where his lack of experience showed through (like when he threw the ball out straight to their fullback, with like 10/15 minutes to go).

i thought that, looking for routledge with a risky throw. bad decision at that point in the game.

He did well, but there were a few moments where his lack of experience showed through (like when he threw the ball out straight to their fullback, with like 10/15 minutes to go).

i thought that, looking for routledge with a risky throw. bad decision at that point in the game.

That can be trained though quickly, TIM IF WE ARE WINNING ONE NIL DON;T FUCKING TRY TO PRETEND YOU A BRETT FAVRE.

There weren't even that many minutes left.  It was around like the 85th minute IIRC.

How will he ever be ready if he doesn't get the experience with us? (Seeing as he's not going to be loaned out)

I do understand why you're still being hypercritical of everything Krul does though.

Love it how Krul seems to celebrate every time he gets on the pitch. (Pictures reminding me of the Palermo night)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104247889.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E611761223BB1517DA811403232696E54C234F984542422C57

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/104247878.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6D6E8E4485810C45F811403232696E54C42538C1B9414706F http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104247871.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9E8F3ABAA039087811403232696E54CD9F8AEB6CA7FBE21

Love it how Krul seems to celebrate every time he gets on the pitch. (Pictures reminding me of the Palermo night)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104247889.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E611761223BB1517DA811403232696E54C234F984542422C57

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/104247878.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6D6E8E4485810C45F811403232696E54C42538C1B9414706F http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104247871.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9E8F3ABAA039087811403232696E54CD9F8AEB6CA7FBE21

"is that how you hit him, Andy?"

How will he ever be ready if he doesn't get the experience with us? (Seeing as he's not going to be loaned out)

I do understand why you're still being hypercritical of everything Krul does though.

I'm not being hypercritical of everything Krul does, I just don't want to jump on the bandwagon that he's our next saviour between the sticks.

I'm pointing towards things that reinforce my opinion that he's not ready to have our no.1 shirt.

Guest johnson293

Something to do with his collar bone or neck area, after Beckford mistimed a tackle and Harps landed awkwardly. Looked pretty nasty

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/104245126.jpg

Aye, Beckford caught him which kinda flipped him in the air and he landed fully onto his shoudler.

He obviously knew it was bad, as you could see (on TV) he pointed to it straight away.

Guest johnson293

Agree with this - the only way he can get near to being 'ready' is to get match time - and being No.2 this season, he isn't even getting reserve games anymore.

Hopefully Harper isn't out too long, but this could be the ideal time to give Krul the experience he needs.

He hasn't done too much (if anything) wrong in the appearances he's made so far - just needs more time to get rid of some of the 'nerves', he (probably) inevitabley feels coming on as sub midway through games, or making the odd appearance each season.

Jonny Hall - how will he ever be ready if he doesn't get games and the exposure to go with it?

He needs to go out on loan, it's as simple as that. I agree with you that he probably won't, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs it.

If he gets a run of games in our team and does well then fantastic, but this is Newcastle. There will come a point where there's a mixup or he makes a mistake/error from inexperience which costs us and those unforgiving bastards in the crowd will put the blame squarely on him - probably because he's a young, foreign keeper. It'll be "Harper wouldn't have done that", "Why's Harper on the bench, he's a better keeper" etc.

Agree with this - the only way he can get near to being 'ready' is to get match time - and being No.2 this season, he isn't even getting reserve games anymore.

He has startd in 2 of the 3 games so far the 2 XI this season.

Jonny Hall - how will he ever be ready if he doesn't get games and the exposure to go with it?

He needs to go out on loan, it's as simple as that. I agree with you that he probably won't, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs it.

If he gets a run of games in our team and does well then fantastic, but this is Newcastle. There will come a point where there's a mixup or he makes a mistake/error from inexperience which costs us and those unforgiving bastards in the crowd will put the blame squarely on him - probably because he's a young, foreign keeper. It'll be "Harper wouldn't have done that", "Why's Harper on the bench, he's a better keeper" etc.

And what if he goes on loan and makes a mistake for the club he's on loan to?

Guest johnson293

He has startd in 2 of the 3 games so far the 2 XI this season.

Oh right, I stand corrected.

Remember seeing Soderberg mentioned somewhere for a reserve match, and assumed he'd taken over as reserve keeper with Krul becoming Harpers deputy.

Even so, while reserve matches are good for match fitness, I don't think they are the same for providing a player with experience and pressure of a first team appearance.

And what if he goes on loan and makes a mistake for the club he's on loan to?

True. But he's less likely to be under pressure at a lower league club.

The lad is an excellent shot stopper but is very nervous/excitable and makes rash decisions that will end up costing goals.

That said I am happy he should be getting a run of games though because the only way to get rid of those things is games.

Krul's been out on loan already. He's by no means the finished article but if he's good enough to be on the bench then he has to be good enough to start.

Fuck it, let's give him the chance he deserves and see if he sinks. Personally I think he'll swim.

Krul's been out on loan already. He's by no means the finished article but if he's good enough to be on the bench then he has to be good enough to start.

Fuck it, let's give him the chance he deserves and see if he sinks. Personally I think he'll swim.

:thup: