Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Modern football club loan whereby he has to get back to his roots rather than coast here. What is not to like? His flaps as as balls sail past his hands or the inevitable kick the ball out of play every home game times (insert number here). Oh then let us not forget his pay...

He needs this loan as between him and Elliot there ain't that much distinction tbh.

Forgot him taking the piss out of the true fans who spend thousands with Defore mate. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Such a weird deal given Everton offered 8m cash for him and he was already to sign the deal, something is amiss here...

Modern football club loan whereby he has to get back to his roots rather than coast here. What is not to like? His flaps as as balls sail past his hands or the inevitable kick the ball out of play every home game times (insert number here). Oh then let us not forget his pay...

He needs this loan as between him and Elliot there ain't that much distinction tbh.

Forgot him taking the p*ss out of the true fans who spend thousands with Defore mate.

TBF I think he had the shits that game yet still played but said he could not repeat the words he said to Defoe that game. Regardless it was weak as fuck so needs to be at a new club which is what Rafa thinks too. Hey ho let's see how he does in a league where he should be the absolute best...

Bet the lad just fancies going home for a bit. He's been here since he was 17 when Joe Kinnear signed him; long time  away from home. Would love for him to come back and not be shit any more, but equally I'd be just as happy if one or both of Sels or Darlow improve dramatically, and we say goodbye to Tim.

And fwiw the mateyness with Defoe after his goal was fucking rancid.

Who's the longest serving now? Tiote?

yep and after him I'm fairly certain its Elliott

I would have thought Dummet and Armstrong have been with the club longer, dunno for sure.

technically but if we're on about being actual first team players then no

Finally getting rid of all the Dutch. Just Anita now and then Unbelievable ;)

On a serious note, what's this extension all about? So if he does well we could command a higher fee for him at the summer or even keep him?

Bet the lad just fancies going home for a bit. He's been here since he was 17 when Joe Kinnear signed him; long time  away from home. Would love for him to come back and not be s*** any more, but equally I'd be just as happy if one or both of Sels or Darlow improve dramatically, and we say goodbye to Tim.

And fwiw the mateyness with Defoe after his goal was f***ing rancid.

Joe Kinnear? I'm sure he made his debut about 3 years prior to that waste landing in Newcastle.

Bet the lad just fancies going home for a bit. He's been here since he was 17 when Joe Kinnear signed him; long time  away from home. Would love for him to come back and not be s*** any more, but equally I'd be just as happy if one or both of Sels or Darlow improve dramatically, and we say goodbye to Tim.

And fwiw the mateyness with Defoe after his goal was f***ing rancid.

Joe Kinnear? I'm sure he made his debut about 3 years prior to that waste landing in Newcastle.

Yeah pretty sure Souness signed him. Didn't he make his debut in the UEFA Cup against Palermo?

Pretty sure Yorkie was joking about that Kinnear interview where he claimed he signed all our players which he hadn't

:) :) I remember that, what a tool of a bloke. (Kinnear btw not Yorkie I don't know Yorkie)

Would be such a limp way for his career with us to end. Nearly as disappointing as when Given decided to go chasing a payday during a relegation battle.

I dont think thats fair with Given. He'd been here for many years by that point, often performing way way above what his team mates were. Year after year he was a solid, top quality keeper and year after year we were pretty much a shambles. Right in the middle of the JFK debaaccle I think he'd just had enough and wanted to move somewhere where he'd lift a trophy, rather than seeing out his career at this mess of a club through blind loyalty. Handed in a Transfer request too iirc, meaning he forfeits a sizeable bonus. Given is one of the good guys imo.

Same for Krul, sad to see him go but his career has wained a little in recent years. A loan and then a return would be great, but if both parted ways it might well be mutually beneficial.

A lot of my best memories of us are with Given in the team, so he gets a pass for me. Could've caused a fuss and left us a lot sooner, was his last realistic chance of joining a team going for the big time really and was quite obvious at that time we weren't going anywhere.