Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

• 3 weeks later...

What do people think - should we leave him in goal or should Harper come back as Nr. 1 once he's fit again?

have to say i was all for Krul being number 1 but seeing Krul in a run of premiership games he is not ready for it yet IMO , his kicking with his right foot needs a lot of work.

Hes not done a lot wrong and made no howlers but id like to see him get a loan run somewere but cant see that happening this season.

I thought that was his best game so far. Seemed to have lost a bit of decisiveness when coming off his line previously but he looked more like the Krul we first saw yesterday. Came out and took some good high crosses and threw the ball instead of just booting it upfield.

I thought that was his best game so far. Seemed to have lost a bit of decisiveness when coming off his line previously but he looked more like the Krul we first saw yesterday. Came out and took some good high crosses and threw the ball instead of just booting it upfield.

Yep. Thought he dealt with crosses very well and made the game fast as we were a goal behind.

Harper would have waited.... and waited and then kicked the ball instead of rolling it to a defender.

Some of his throws were excellent, from a few it meant we had the ball past halfway which is obviously good. Also, that save he made from Cole(?) when the flag went up early doors was excellent and will do wonders for his confidence.

Came out to collect crosses better than before yesterday. Seems more in control of his area now. Produced a great save from that Piquionne shot that was ruled offside as well. Needs to play and we can't send both him and Fraser Forster on loan, so I'd rather he keeps his place ahead of Harper.

Harper will come straight back in.

Not sure, they'll not want to run the risk of re-injuring him when there's no pressing need for him to return - we saw what happened to Given after a serious injury and he was rushed back.

Not sure, they'll not want to run the risk of re-injuring him when there's no pressing need for him to return - we saw what happened to Given after a serious injury and he was rushed back.

Aye, IIRC wasn't Given on the bench for a short spell after returning?

Mebbes, but he seemed to suffer far more injury scares/knocks post-Harewood

Arguably hasn't been the same 'keeper since

Have to take your word for it, I don't get to see as many City Reserves games as I'd like to.

Have to take your word for it, I don't get to see as many City Reserves games as I'd like to.

:no: the Elite squad

He was good for most the game.

BUT

For the goal, before Cole had the ball it was obvious where it was going to go. A world class keeper would have thrown himself across the goal before the ball even reached Cole's feet, taken the gamble that Cole would have hit it first time right in front of him which he did. There would have been no guarantee of saving it, but the probability would have been a lot higher.

However Harper wouldn't have done that either.