Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Really is a case of blessing in disguise this. I really feel for Harper who hasn't done that much wrong, even though there are indications that he might cost us points this season.

Similarities to the way Carroll got his chance because of Shola's injury last season, hopefully the same outcome.

Save/concede ratio

Cech 11

Hart 10

Robinson 3.16

Almunia 3

Mignolet 2.6

Friedal 2.55

Carson 2.11

Gilks 2

Sorensen 2

Van der Sar 1.71

Howard 1.71

Foster 1.62

Hahnemann 1.375

Green 1.23

Reina 1.14

Harper 1

Good luck to Krul.  Deserved a chance with or without Harper being injured.

bloody hell! I knew his save ratio would be poor, but thats mental!

I wouldn't say that's an entirely fair way of looking at it, we've conceded (I think) very few shots so easily skewed.

Guest rosstoon

Like Tim Krul and potentially world calss, but is anyone else a little concerned that tomorrow he is going to get a little carried away at coming out for the Delap long throws instead of staying on his line.

Like Tim Krul and potentially world calss, but is anyone else a little concerned that tomorrow he is going to get a little carried away at coming out for the Delap long throws instead of staying on his line.

At his height he should be looking to come out and deal with crosses to take pressure off the defence if he can. It'll be interesting to see how we deal with them as last time we played Stoke we were 2-0 when Delap went off and we did ok at the Britannia as well I seem to remember.

Not at all. Krul will not have any balls into the box to deal with from Stoke tomorrow.

I reckon in a way the pressure is off Krul. Even if he drops a clanger tomorrow he's still starting the next game, and the next. Fingers crossed for the lad, hopefully he'll have the starting spot for years to come.

This is why I think we should play Campbell for his strength in the air. I saw the Stoke game, against West Ham I think it was, and they were taking long throws from their own half of the field. We're going to get bombarded.

Krul is a good shot-stopper, but like most young keepers his judgement and ability when coming off his line to clear is still a work in progress. He does get these rushes of blood to the head, as when he smacked into Campbell on Wednesday - I wouldn't blame the goal directly on him, but it's the sort of mistake that he's prone to. It was definitely Campbell's ball.

Let's hope that the ref looks out for obstruction as well.

I really wish people would stop shitting themselves about these long throws. Yes they're dangerous once or twice a match but we should be focusing on our own game knowing we can grind them into the ground if we really play to our potential.

I really wish people would stop shitting themselves about these long throws. Yes they're dangerous once or twice a match but we should be focusing on our own game knowing we can grind them into the ground if we really play to our potential.

:thup: You would think Stoke were challenging for the top 4 the way their set pieces are talked about. We are at home, they should be the ones worrying about how we play.

:thup:

That was the problem against Blackpool. Instead of backing ourselves to outplay them with better footballers we assumed we needed to match them physically, got too one-dimensional and hit far too many long balls.

I don't think the lad's ready. He does the easy things well, looks the part and seems to communicate with his defenders. But he's just so raw, man. I'd personally partner Colo with Campbell on sun. His experience in front of a keeper severely lacking in judgement could just about see us through it.

I don't think the lad's ready. He does the easy things well, looks the part and seems to communicate with his defenders. But he's just so raw, man. I'd personally partner Colo with Campbell on sun. His experience in front of a keeper severely lacking in judgement could just about see us through it.

Good point that. Not a bad shout at all.

Good point that. Not a bad shout at all.

Williamson is stronger than Colo in the air. I don't think Colo likes these set piece battles, and if anyone makes way for Campbell, it should be him.

Williamson is stronger than Colo in the air. I don't think Colo likes these set piece battles, and if anyone makes way for Campbell, it should be him.

Williamson will cost us at the back if he keeps holding on to players in our box which he does far too often, he worries me.

Williamson will cost us at the back if he keeps holding on to players in our box which he does far too often, he worries me.

Yep, if we're worried about either of their flaws, I'm more worried about giving away a silly penalty rather than Coloccini not being upto it.