Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I'm interested in knowing where Ronaldo has seen so much of our players? Don't you live in Manchester?

Aye, but he can get to the training ground in 34 minutes (without traffic of course)

Having seen both Forster and Krul come through from the academy in the last 5 years and no way would i be putting Forster in the side in front of krul.  Tim Krul is the better keeper of the two and always has been.

That's now ten (punished) mistakes from the lad in his short first team career.

Nowhere near ready. Forster should be recalled asap.

Forster who f***ed up in the Old Firm derby the other week?

Do you see another option? Forster is the best we have.

You were wrong about Krul, mate. I wish it wasn't the case - see my praise of the lad last saturday. Just isn't ready.

So the option is shaky in the SPL because shaky in the PL isn't good enough? :lol:

Have you see a single Celtic game this season?

Yeah why?

Because you're a very prententious guy who's more likely to have seen a clip on SSN of his mistake against Gers than actually have an opinion based on solid evidence.

Forster is our best option, as most of us who've seen both keepers a fair few times will agree. Not getting at the lad, but we have to be pragmatic; Krul's exactly where most inexperienced keepers at 23 are. Forster - for whatever reason - is a few years ahead.

Do you know what pretentious means?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm interested in knowing where Ronaldo has seen so much of our players? Don't you live in Manchester?

Yes, Manchester in 2010. We have TV and Internet now.

Because you're a very prententious guy who's more likely to have seen a clip on SSN of his mistake against Gers than actually have an opinion based on solid evidence.

Forster is our best option, as most of us who've seen both keepers a fair few times will agree. Not getting at the lad, but we have to be pragmatic; Krul's exactly where most inexperienced keepers at 23 are. Forster - for whatever reason - is a few years ahead.

I think Krul had a couple of good saves today and I don´t think he made a big mistake on their goal.

Ronaldo;...stop writing like you´re a book full of facts...it sounds silly. You were against him even before he stepped out for his first PL game.  He will develop a lot from these games in PL, and is getting better and better. Tim Krul has been solid for us!

I think that's a bit harsh based on today's game. Ok, he conceded a goal but I'm not sure many goalkeepers would have saved it. Besides, why risk injuring yourself by throwing yourself face down at a ball that is being swung at by a striker when your team is 5-0 up in the dying minutes of the game, especially considering there is no decent backup at the club in your position?

As I've said earlier though, he seems raw, more so than I expected him to be. I hope he manages to cut out the odd mistake and fulfil his potential, but he is not the finished article that's for sure. Luckily he hasn't cost us any points that I can remember, so whilst he's gaining invaluable experience at the top level the team is not suffering in terms of results. Also, the defenders seem confident enough with him in goal, so I don't really see an imminent problem..

Personally i have liked what i've seen and don't think he was at fault for the goal today. Incidently Joe Hart isn't looking like a world beater either. Fact is they're very very young for goalkeepers and will make the odd mistake, i wonder if some people would rather we just didn't bother developing players like Krul and Forster and just brought in older guys.

I think Krul had a couple of good saves today and I don´t think he made a big mistake on their goal.

Ronaldo;...stop writing like you´re a book full of facts...it sounds silly. You were against him even before he stepped out for his first PL game.  He will develop a lot from these games in PL, and is getting better and better. Tim Krul has been solid for us!

How was I against him? I think he's a likeable lad and a very promising keeper, and have always said so.

How was I against him? I think he's a likeable lad and a very promising keeper, and have always said so.

Do you not think you're overreacting on this subject when we've just completely tonked our rivals and the whole team performed admirably?

Seems to have taken a page from Harper and Given's book and seems hesitant to come off his line, which wasn't a problem at all in other games I've seen him play.

There was a bit of that before the West Ham game where he looked to be back to his best. Today I don't think there was many crosses he could have come for that he failed to. He's done fine as a stand-in. You only have to look at England's goalkeepers to appreciate that it's not easy for a young lad to be flawless every game, the main thing is he is getting good experience and will hopefully gain confidence. 

Go on then, these ten mistakes are...

3 against Huddersfield

1 against P'Boro

1 against Norwich

1 against Chelsea

1 against Stoke

1 against Wigan

1 against Arsenal

1 against Sunderland

2 of those are arguable, the rest are blatant errors. I don't want to be negative for the sake of it. Great day, great performance. But it's becoming pretty undeniable that Harper should get the shirt back and we should recall Fraser from Celtic when we can.

3 against Huddersfield

1 against P'Boro

1 against Norwich

1 against Chelsea

1 against Stoke

1 against Wigan

1 against Arsenal

1 against Sunderland

2 of those are arguable, the rest are blatant errors. I don't want to be negative for the sake of it. Great day, great performance. But it's becoming pretty undeniable that Harper should get the shirt back and we should recall Fraser from Celtic when we can.

What are you basing your opinion on forster upon? Krul had every bit as succesful a loan spell as Forster, everyone who has seen them at reserve level rates Krul higher and the club rate Krul higher.

Is it possible that you are in fact Adrian Durham?

3 against Huddersfield

1 against P'Boro

1 against Norwich

1 against Chelsea

1 against Stoke

1 against Wigan

1 against Arsenal

1 against Sunderland

What are you basing your opinion on forster upon?  Krul had every bit as succesful a loan spell as Forster, everyone who has seen them at reserve level rates Krul higher and the club rate Krul higher.

Who's everyone? Fucking Binnsy and the biased lot who wanted Harper to be dropped, by any chance?

I've seen Forster play about the same amount of games that i've seen Krul play. For both Norwich and Celtic.

3 against Huddersfield

1 against P'Boro

1 against Norwich

1 against Chelsea

1 against Stoke

1 against Wigan

1 against Arsenal

1 against Sunderland

What are you basing your opinion on forster upon?  Krul had every bit as succesful a loan spell as Forster, everyone who has seen them at reserve level rates Krul higher and the club rate Krul higher.

well durham said he'd be there and ronaldo was there...................

3 against Huddersfield

1 against P'Boro

1 against Norwich

1 against Chelsea

1 against Stoke

1 against Wigan

1 against Arsenal

1 against Sunderland

More Colo's fault letting him go really. ;)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Glad Ronaldo isn't England manager, he'd have killed Joe Hart's confidence during his first two seasons at Man City.

"HART MAN! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?! ALL THOSE SAVES AND YOU MADE A BLATANT ERROR TO SPOIL IT ALL! ARGH!" :rant: