Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

One of the old school managers, but at the same time, he was in many ways amongst the very first "modern managers", going to coach in Europe, in different leagues, doing so well and gaining nothing but respect everywhere he went.

Pretty much nobody had a bad word to say about him, and you don;t get that very often in a field as full of self-serving reptiles as football.

RIP

It devestates me how Bobby has passed whilst the club is at it's lowest ebb, well really since he was the manager. :(

Personally I don't think this matters. Bobby will have seen the club at its highest and lowest points over his many many years and will understand the volatile nature of a football club. While obviously he'dve loved to see us prosper, everything in football is pretty temporary tbh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Makes me chuckle and wonder what he was saying to MA and DL up in the directors box. You can bet he was telling them what was wrong and what needed to change, shame they may not have listened to him at all.

Who was the first person Shearer turned to for advice last season? Sir Bobby Robson.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Get down to SJP and leave your tributes. The media will be showing the pitch soon, show the world what he meant to us

Gary Lineker, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Warren Barton, Peter Reid, Sir Alex Ferguson, Fabio Capello, Peter Taylor, Richard Bevan, Freddy Shepherd, Frank Clark, Alan Shearer, Glenn Hoddle - The list goes on.

Every time I switch news channel, there is somebody else talking about the great man himself. It's just a real testament to just how much influence he had in the footballing world.

I'll go up to the ground, but i haven't really got anything to leave. Is it right to buy a man flowers?

Yes. He's not just a man though, he's and icon and a legend, flowers are acceptable.

Going away tonight to York, going to go up early and leave him some myself.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll go up to the ground, but i haven't really got anything to leave. Is it right to buy a man flowers?

Anything, flowers are fine

old shirts, scalf etc

It was just live on BBC News and there were already a few lads there with flowers for him.

Guest Matticus

RIP, thank you for everything  :weep:

I was raised on a crappy VHS of Italia '90, and his period in charge of Newcastle was the greatest era of supporting Newcastle I've witnessed.

It was just live on BBC News and there were already a few lads there with flowers for him.

I'll leave my shirt with the champions league badges on. Off i go.