WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

what do yous think bench will be?

Krul, Kadar, Tozer, Lua Lua, Ameobi, Vuckic, Ranger.

Can't think of anyone else, seems like all youngsters (except Shola), we don't have anymore players do we?  :lol:

I honestly cannot believe we have a match tomorrow. May as well get ready for what will be an insane 9 months or so. Honestly, can't believe that holidays are coming to an end. Went too fast this year.

Too fast? You must be kidding. I couldn't take anymore of this rubbish. Delighted the on-field stuff is starting again.

It's interesting how, because of all this ownership crap and the transfer embargo and whatever else, we've somewhat forgotten that we have a team full of guys that, if not strong EPL quality, are certainly above CCC quality. Whether they have the mentality, guts, and positive attitude to compete in the CCC is another question, but talentwise, we can't forget that guys like Jonas and Duff, Enrique, Carroll, Harper, Saylor, even Smith, we should at least be able to hold our own. What we lack in guts, we should be able to make up with talent to at least stay competitive, if only Hughton can get their minds focused on this and not wishing to be elsewhere.

If we can field (Beyes left out because of the uncertainty of his transfer):

Harper

Raylor - Colo - Taylor - Enrique

Jonas - Barton - Nolan - Smith - Duff

Carroll

We should be fine me thinks, keeping it positive  O0

If we go with that and can keep it to 0-0 with 15 mins to go then Ranger on for Nolan and Vuckic for Duff or Jonas we may nick it.

Harper

Carroll

ingenius, we have enough trouble scoring without playing 4-5-1 mate

My god i forgot Ameobi  :lol:

He will be fielded if fit.

Harper

Barton - Smith - Duff

Nolan

Carroll - Ameobi

Nope, Hughton is going to choose between Carroll or Shola

It's interesting how, because of all this ownership crap and the transfer embargo and whatever else, we've somewhat forgotten that we have a team full of guys that, if not strong EPL quality, are certainly above CCC quality. Whether they have the mentality, guts, and positive attitude to compete in the CCC is another question, but talentwise, we can't forget that guys like Jonas and Duff, Enrique, Carroll, Harper, Saylor, even Smith, we should at least be able to hold our own. What we lack in guts, we should be able to make up with talent to at least stay competitive, if only Hughton can get their minds focused on this and not wishing to be elsewhere.

Despite the big names and transfer fees, there is no proven goal scorer. The option up front is Shola or Carroll and with goals in short supply from the midfield it's difficult to see where the goals are going to come from. I think we'll have exactly the same problems as last year where we won't be able to score enough goals to win games.

Harper

Barton - Smith - Duff

Nolan

Carroll - Ameobi

The pace in that team is frightening!!

Glaciers can tear shit up if you let them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Harper

Barton - Smith - Duff

Nolan

Carroll - Ameobi

The pace in that team is frightening!!

Glaciers can tear shit up if you let them.

Sadly Football games last 90mins, not 10,000 years.

Oddly hyped up about this, never thought that could be possible given the summer we have had.

Its not a case of whether we have the quality, but much like the past 2/3 seasons its more about having the lack of passion, interest and quality.

We need everyone back on top of their games.

Guest Duffer

Harper

Carroll

agreed, good enough to get top 6 at least

Harper

Carroll

agreed, good enough to get top 6 at least

I hope you're not playing, shit cunt ;)

11 motivated players vs 11 that have every reason not to give a f***. Doesn't matter what the names are we have already lost.

.. is the one of the reasons why we fucked up last year.Things went wrong and instead of the highly paid players doing what they should do, they sat back and waited. We can't afford to carry passengers and there are lots of eager kids eager to make an impact (LuaLua for example). Those wanting away should be performing to gain interest whilst the others will try and correct the wrongs of last year.

A new season equals renewed hope! Negative attititudes will get us nowhere.