Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Whilst he may be potentially the best defender we have seen in years he didnt want to play for us. Whether we get a good price or not we cant afford to have his attitude around the club. He will go the same way as all of the other french players who came and went; domi, distin, benard, zog....... nowhere.

Whilst he may be potentially the best defender we have seen in years he didnt want to play for us. Whether we get a good price or not we cant afford to have his attitude around the club. He will go the same way as all of the other french players who came and went; domi, distin, benard, zog....... nowhere.

N'zogbia has just turned 23 and Distin probably has a big move coming up very soon. For f*** sake what on eath makes you think Bassong is going nowhere? By all means call him a prick or tell us all how pissed off you are but dont come out with such blatant nonsense, he's one hell of a defender and is clearly going places

Distin was a rock for Man City and has been a rock and a leader at the back for Portsmouth ever since signing for them. In hindsight, it's been a big mistake not signing him. All the money spent on s*** like Bramble (talented but a big flop), Boumsong, Coloccini, even Woodgate (class as he was, always injured) could have been spent elsewhere had we just bothered to offer Distin a decent wage (and probably not even close to the type of wage we've thrown at s*** like Nicky Butt, Albert Luque, Alan Smith, etc down the years).

Come to think of it, irrespective of how well or how s*** they've done elsewhere, we seem to have consistently suffered every time we've shipped out these "moody/greedy/inconsistent/lazy Frenchmen" as they're often referred to. There are exceptions, like Boumsong, but with the majority of others, we've usually sold them to the detriment of the team. Bernard going meant Babayaro came in and f***ed around for a few years (with Ramage/Huntington filling in). Robert wasn't really replaced until Luque was signed. Ginola's replacement was John Barnes. N'Zogbia was replaced with either Ryan Taylor (s***) or Lovenkrands (who was s*** in midfield). Distin's replacement was Bramble.

Good managers will work with these players, which is why all of the above were good players for either Sir Bobby or Kevin Keegan (pretty sure Bassong is his signing). I look forward to the day we'll have more "moody, big-headed, inconsistent" French players on our books, because hopefully we'll have someone in charge who appreciates what these players are, even though some of our fans may not.

Maybe.  The other thing is Spurs have announced agreement for the transfer, everything agreed but not yet registered with the FA.  If the registration goes through after your match with West Brom, that would be the suspension fully completed??

i despise that droopy faced cu'nt

better be over 10mil just cos its f***ing spurs

:thdn:

:lol:

So the bid's been lowered?

Maybe but the previous bid may have been 4 million now 2 million if they got in Europe, 1 million spread over 1 million payments stuff like that lol My guess is any offer now will be the full amount upfront.

I think you're on the right lines, Levy doesn't do deals without add-ons and clauses.  I was told the offer was £5m plus add-ons that still left it short of £10m.  Whether it's been increased or changed I have no idea.

If and when it gets completed, details will be reported to the Stock Exchange.  If it's not reported, we'll at least know that it was less than £10m.

Upfront or in total? I don't know how this works. If there fee were £6m with the potential (but not guaranteed) to rise to £10.5m would that have to be reported?

If it has the potential to rise to £10.5m it has to be reported to the Stock Exchange.  I was told it was £5m rising to a maximum of £8m depending on a) Number of appearances and b) Qualifying for Europe. 

As I said before, I don't know if it has changed but from what Sky as saying, it looks as though it won't get reported to the Stock Exchange for us to find out.

Nothing reported to the Stock Exchange so any talk of £12m seems like wishful thinking.  I was told it was £5m maybe rising to £8m, heard nothing to say that it changed.

GREAT BUSINESS.

Meanwhile we start our Championship campaign on Saturday while Aston Villa and Wigan who we MUGGED for Milner and N'Zogbia will have to put up with the Premier League. Fucking losers.

:lol: I like your bitterness man.

The only good thing about being relegated is we will now probably steer away from buying talented pacy French players and can concentrate on adding to the pool of hard working, slow cloggers that we have slowly assembled down the years.

Maybe but the previous bid may have been 4 million now 2 million if they got in Europe, 1 million spread over 1 million payments stuff like that lol My guess is any offer now will be the full amount upfront.

I think you're on the right lines, Levy doesn't do deals without add-ons and clauses.  I was told the offer was £5m plus add-ons that still left it short of £10m.  Whether it's been increased or changed I have no idea.

If and when it gets completed, details will be reported to the Stock Exchange.  If it's not reported, we'll at least know that it was less than £10m.

Upfront or in total? I don't know how this works. If there fee were £6m with the potential (but not guaranteed) to rise to £10.5m would that have to be reported?

If it has the potential to rise to £10.5m it has to be reported to the Stock Exchange.  I was told it was £5m rising to a maximum of £8m depending on a) Number of appearances and b) Qualifying for Europe. 

As I said before, I don't know if it has changed but from what Sky as saying, it looks as though it won't get reported to the Stock Exchange for us to find out.

Nothing reported to the Stock Exchange so any talk of £12m seems like wishful thinking.  I was told it was £5m maybe rising to £8m, heard nothing to say that it changed.

And if it wasn't for the fact that what you'd 'heard' in the first place was absolute bollocks, that would make sense.

Guest Roger Kint

How much we got of the wage bill now then?

Owen - £105,000

Viduka - £70,000?

Cacapa - £30,000?

Edgar - £10,000?

Martins - £65,000?

Bassong - £6,000

Beye - £50,000?

Obviously only speculating from what we read in the papers but its got to be £300,000 at least.

Thats around 15.6 Million - dropped that supposed 64 million wage bill to around 48-50 million est. now.

Edgar was on £2k

Guest Roger Kint

why does the fee matter? It all just goes into ashley's pocket

It doesnt but if that makes you feel better i guess you can think that.

Guest justin99.

so you think the money will be used to improve the squad?

No it'll be used to pay the wages of the players since we've left the Premiership and lost the TV income.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6161/sebastienbassong240.jpg

you look fat and ugly in white Seb.. good luck playing in front of 30 000 fickle ITKs

He played in front of 50 k ITKs

Guest Roger Kint

Of course not, thats almost as naive/stupid as thinking he would pocket it.

Like ToonTastic says it will go against the overdraft.

£5m rising to £8m :lol:, now that's wishful thinking on your part.  Considering reports its pretty safe to say the fee is somewhere between £8m and £12m.