Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

How do you know how he played? Did you honestly watch the game? Or did you deploy one of your super scouts based at every bloody airport bus/train station and football ground in Europe.

How do you know how he played? Did you honestly watch the game? Or did you deploy one of your super scouts based at every bloody airport bus/train station and football ground in Europe.

The ITK's are agreed that he played well.

The ITK's are agreed that he played well.

The ITK's probably know more about our players than we do tbf.

Guest optimistic nit

We appealed it and got knocked back, he mised the Villa game and has 1 more to miss, Harry is having a laugh.

EVEN if he was still our player he HAD to be named in our squad for the ban to count for that game, if he was not named in our squad then it don't count, anyone remember where we fkd up over this issue?

That was Bowyer in Europe, for a domestic ban he doesn't need to be named the squad.

Just looks like Spurs didn't file the paperwork and his registration with the FA until after our game on Saturday.

Its a disgrace if they get away with it

Will it not also depend on what time we sent our paperwork through though? if he was not classed as our player it don't matter if he was classed as a Spurs player or not the ban is on Bassogn anyway

its not really a disgrace tbh, spurs obviously were aware of the ban and were cleaver and delayed registering him until after 5pm on friday so he was not banned for them. its hardly a case of the laws being bent by the big clubs that small clubs get fucked over by, they just used an existing law to their advantage.

Guest BooBoo

Hit and miss at full back for us. Seem to remember him having a very poor game at the SoL for us there.

Indeed. In fact he struggled badly in the high wind and against Sunderland's physical forwards all day.

Bassong made his international debut for Cameroon tonight against Austria.

Played LB, looked solid and composed all night.

Cameroon won 2-0 in Vienna, Paul Scharner missed a penalty and both goals were scored by Pierre Webo

As much as you think we care about how our former players get on in their international debuts we really don't give a fuck.

That's as nice as I can put it without the words: rubbing, smug, it, arrogant, in, prick, you, own, fuck, why, forum, to, don't, off, your, you.

:wink:

Guest sicko2ndbest

"When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble," Redknapp said.

"Iain said if they didn't stay at the club and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take. They couldn't have recommended him any higher.

"Alan as well. He said 'if I stay at the club there is no way he'll ever leave'. Alan didn't get the job and he (Bassong) was the first person we went for. He's a young player with a fantastic future."

ESPN

Thats that then no Shearer!

"When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble," Redknapp said.

"Iain said if they didn't stay at the club and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take. They couldn't have recommended him any higher.

"Alan as well. He said 'if I stay at the club there is no way he'll ever leave'. Alan didn't get the job and he (Bassong) was the first person we went for. He's a young player with a fantastic future."

ESPN

where does the article imply that?

It says that Shearer wouldn't have sold Bassong, not Shearer would refuse to manage us without him  :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

BTW Shearer has just made Ashley 8million quid!

Not only is he taking the piss out of us he's taking out of the great man as well

ESPN

Droopy is a right bastard. Why did the public need to know any of that?

basically the same article from sky http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5490993,00.html

ESPN

Droopy is a right b******. Why did the public need to know any of that?

basically the same article from sky http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5490993,00.html

He is just talking up the player.  Like Keegan did with Jonas and Colo last season.

Bit surprised that Alan was recommending players to other managers like. Still, it was hardly any secret that Zog was the best of the players here.

Zog was not close to being our best player at any point. His contributions were never that great, and his reputation has been aided by his absence.

Man, that day we had Shearer as boss, and even after relegation, I thought well - we have our Shearer, he will help us climb out of this.

Gosh, Mike Ashley, Keith Harris, and Llambas and co have really ptu a dagger in our hearts.

My prediction for the weekend,

Bassong is going to keep torres out of the game like. He'll not give him an inch.

He will then be praised, indefinately, by everyone in the media. Shearer will be on MOD claiming how we we're idiots to let him go and that he knew how good he was (cheers like).

He'll become the sensation we all hoped he would be for us.

Every fucker will rub it in our faces and we'll be left feeling like we've been shit on.

Anyway, aye, lets hope Torres rapes him and gets a hattrick.

Bit surprised that Alan was recommending players to other managers like. Still, it was hardly any secret that Zog was the best of the players here.

:lol: "If i'm here there's no way he'll ever leave." Harsh on Alan that to say he was trying to flog him, like. ;)

That is of course if Redknapp wasn't talking out of his arse.

Guest Heneage

I'd genuinely not tell Redknapp what I was having for tea. I don't know what's shiftier him or his bulldog like face.