Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

This rule that you can't serve a ban for 2 teams is a joke. It means that if we were to resign Bassong in 10 years he'd still have a 1 game ban to serve for us!

I thought he serve his first match against Villa last season, and his second against WBA last weekend?

Ye that's true.

Happy for Bassong tbh. Great player. Just such a shame he ended up at Tottenham. I would suggest people get over his leaving quickly because he is only going to get better and you will end up killing yourselves over the frustration.

I'm just really not looking forward to stupid Tottenham fans now raving over him after rubbishing him when he was first linked with them, because he "got Newcastle relegated"  :rolleyes:. Freakin' cretins.

it's the way he left that rankles....i want to leave but i'm want all the cash aswell hence i'll whing a lot and only put a transfer request in if absolutely necessary to get my way.

sorry to rattle on about this folks but it's really pissed me off with many players.

Guest Heneage

Happy for Bassong tbh. Great player. Just such a shame he ended up at Tottenham. I would suggest people get over his leaving quickly because he is only going to get better and you will end up killing yourselves over the frustration.

I'm just really not looking forward to stupid Tottenham fans now raving over him after rubbishing him when he was first linked with them, because he "got Newcastle relegated"  :rolleyes:. Freakin' cretins.

it's the way he left that rankles....i want to leave but i'm want all the cash aswell hence i'll whing a lot and only put a transfer request in if absolutely necessary to get my way.

sorry to rattle on about this folks but it's really pissed me off with many players.

Exactly. Had the lad left with some class I'd wish him the best, like Beye, even Martins. It's the refusing play to make "Life hard for them because they are making life hard for me."

For me I really can't fault any player who wanted to leave and moaned about it tbh. I completely blame the owner as the whole summer has been a ridiculously unstable time and no one including the players have known what the hell has been going on. This situation coupled along with relegation would have been too much for many to take. It is especially hard for me to be mad at Bassong because he was one of very few who always did his best and gave a good account of himself.

For me I really can't fault any player who wanted to leave and moaned about it tbh. I completely blame the owner as the whole summer has been a ridiculously unstable time and no one including the players have known what the hell has been going on. This situation coupled along with relegation would have been too much for many to take. It is especially hard for me to be mad at Bassong because he was one of very few who always did his best and gave a good account of himself.

The club being a shambles at the minute doesn't excuse him from being an underhanded little cretin.  He should have been straight with everyone, put in a transfer request and shut his mouth.

To be honest if he really refused to play we should have refused to pay his loyalty bonus (even though it was probably only a hundred thousand or so).

Guest Spursman88

What annoyed me about his leaving is the spurs fan I work with who actually seemed quite disappointed they had signed him!  :angry:

Well that fool will be eating humble pie this evening...

What annoyed me about his leaving is the spurs fan I work with who actually seemed quite disappointed they had signed him!  :angry:

Well that fool will be eating humble pie this evening...

He should be, not convinced he will though ungrateful fucker!

I don't bare him any grudges at all, he had to leave for the sake of his career - way too good to be playing in the championship and was one of the few players who gave his all last season.

Fair enough but why not just play the game? He was always going to get a move and didn't have to act like a cunt to engineer a transfer out.

Just mouth a few platitudes, 'I want to stay and help the club back into the Prem', 'I feel partly responsible for the club's  predicament and want to put it right' etc etc.

The fans are happy, he gets his move anyway and life moves on.

Footballers = thick as pigshit.

Good player but he's gone - forget it. We are in the Championship and we've got all manner of shyte to come if we get stressed about what our ex players are up to. Stephen Carr, about 33 years old played at Old Trafford today ffs.

Good player but he's gone - forget it. We are in the Championship and we've got all manner of shyte to come if we get stressed about what our ex players are up to. Stephen Carr, about 33 years old played at Old Trafford today ffs.

Ditto. I was really disappointed that we only got a season from Bassong, ans  Spurs got a bargain. No point in looking over our shoulder though he's gone and reminding ourselves about it is just depressing. Let's move on and have a great season ourselves.

Ditto. I was really disappointed that we only got a season from Bassong, ans  Spurs got a bargain. No point in looking over our shoulder though he's gone and reminding ourselves about it is just depressing. Let's move on and have a great season ourselves.

to be fair, 8m rising to 12m is hardly a bargain.

Your point is it's good money or not enough? Regardless of that - where is that money going?

If he establishes himself as a top centre back for them which i think he will, it's money well spent.

If he establishes himself as a top centre back for them which i think he will, it's money well spent.

When Man United sign him in three years time for £25 million then it will be clear Tottenham got him for a bargain.

Guest gjohnson

Give it a few months, and one of two things will happen. 1) he maintains good form, and a champions league team will start sniffing around, and there'll be rumours in papers which he denies for ages...then suddenly goes to that teams locl rivals. 2) he flops badly, and does a Jenas

Either way it won't end good for spurs. (with some luck)