The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

It's funny watching Messi, Xavi and Iniesta play with Zlatan.

It's like 3 little kids playing with their dad.

And you like watching that?

Absolute fucking beauty, I will take Blackburn in the semi.

I've a long history with the League Cup going back to 1975. I love it when we win it, but act like it doesn't matter when we don't. Like all other supporters (that might answer your question, Village Idiot).

When we fluked past Cardiff, I said to my mate "we're going to win this". When we beat Sunlund on pens, I thought it even more.

I am now convinced we're going to win it, and certainly more so since Spurs got put out last night.

Question: how much is the Carling Cup rated as a trophy? I know in Spain we cared so much about the League Cup we got rid of it 20 years ago. How good it would be for example, for ManCity to win it and not make the Top 4?

Everyone outside the Top 4 would be absolutely delighted to win it - but it's well down the priorities list for every club in the country (at a guess). It's still a very difficult tournament to win.

Would like to see a Villa-City final, and probably Villa to win it. And then the period of bitterness kicks in that a team at a similar standing to us (ok, not literally right at the moment) has won a trophy and we haven't for 14 years.

It's funny watching Messi, Xavi and Iniesta play with Zlatan.

It's like 3 little kids playing with their dad.

Regarding this, today's cover of El Mundo Deportivo made me laugh

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gif/20091203/03porbn.jpg

Daddy Zlatan taking his kid to school :)

Guest Geordiesned

Whats the point in having an official on the line if the ref asks the linesman on the far side if its a goal kick? A clear corner for Fulham given as a goal kick!

Would like to see a Villa-City final, and probably Villa to win it. And then the period of bitterness kicks in that a team at a similar standing to us (ok, not literally right at the moment) has won a trophy and we haven't for 14 years.

14 years since we won one, too.

Guest kingdawson

Brummie i specifically remember when we won it a couple of seasons ago, you downgraded the competition, informing me that no one cares about that competition anymore and it wasn't worth winning. I assume your opinion still stands if Villa win it?