The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I'm sorry, but Cameroon's defensive personnel  :lol:

Are they always like that? Or are they just having a horrid night? They are going to get carved open at the WC if it's like this.

If Rigobert Song has been playing then yes.

so now geremi can get back to tyneside pronto to sort out the move to ankaragucu? fingers crossed the deal is still on...

Or start at RB for us.

Had the same thought.

If he does he would at least provide some really good crosses. He has put so many good crosses in for Owen in the last seasons. Remember when he played under Keegan... that free-kick goal vs. Spurs and so on...

Still I don't hope he will play for us as he can't run anymore.

That result guarantees an Arab team on the final, doesn't it? Would be sort of funny if they won the whole thing.

??? Egypt are probaly the most successful team in African football and were the second favorites (among people with knowledge of African football, not ignorant Euro pundits) before the tournament started.

So...Algeria-Egypt in the semi finals of the ACN......that could be interesting.

Some quotes from the BBC live text of the Cameroon match about Geremi:  :lol:

1739:  Carlo on 606:  "What's up with Geremi with his poor set-pieces?"

Don't know but he just smacked another one into the wall.

1759: Egypt goal: Oh no what was Geremi thinking? He collects the ball to the left of the penalty area and passes it back to

his goalie but does not spot substitute Mohamed Gedo who nips in and tucks it under the goalkeeper. Nightmare.

1727: Geremi has a free-kick but it is miles out and the Egypt keeper makes a comfortable save.

:undecided:

I think Egypt will get through - they'll be out for revenge, and secondly because of that game, they will want to prove something at this tournament.

Match could go either way, imo. I predict lots of play-acting, time wasting, handbags, feigning injury, and some violence from the fans. Generally just a display of the best attributes North African football has to offer. I predict Egypt wins 1-0 on a mistake from Chaouchi (Algeria keeper), who is a bit mad.

Nigeria match on in a few minutes. We're massive favourites, but I am so nervous. It would very typical for us to mess this up.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I think Egypt will get through - they'll be out for revenge, and secondly because of that game, they will want to prove something at this tournament.

Match could go either way, imo. I predict lots of play-acting, time wasting, handbags, feigning injury, and some violence from the fans. Generally just a display of the best attributes North African football has to offer. I predict Egypt wins 1-0 on a mistake from Chaouchi (Algeria keeper), who is a bit mad.

Nigeria match on in a few minutes. We're massive favourites, but I am so nervous. It would very typical for us to mess this up.

Pitty we have just paid him another 60k for this weeks work :(

That result guarantees an Arab team on the final, doesn't it? Would be sort of funny if they won the whole thing.

??? Egypt are probaly the most successful team in African football and were the second favorites (among people with knowledge of African football, not ignorant Euro pundits) before the tournament started.

So...Algeria-Egypt in the semi finals of the ACN......that could be interesting.

I'm an ignorant Euro/yank, so that's fine. I'll actually watch that semi, to be honest the few times I have seen Egypt play (in the Confed Cup and now), they look like a classy side.