The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest neesy111

msg to VI:

barca look toothless upfront for with a poor in-form ibra, and henry looking finished? would you agree?

msg to VI:

barca look toothless upfront for with a poor in-form ibra, and henry looking finished? would you agree?

Yes, I do. Although Pedro isn't far from Henry's record last year. (19 goals so far, versus 26 from Henry last season).

We should get a player that is a bit more direct than our ballplayers. We are degrading into Arsenal sometimes.

msg to VI:

Yes, I do. Although Pedro isn't far from Henry's record last year. (19 goals so far, versus 26 from Henry last season)

What positions will you be looking to bolster in the Summer?

Guest neesy111

msg to VI:

Yes, I do. Although Pedro isn't far from Henry's record last year. (19 goals so far, versus 26 from Henry last season).

We should get a player that is a bit more direct than our ballplayers. We are degrading into Arsenal sometimes.

you miss eto's pace so badly at times

msg to VI:

Yes, I do. Although Pedro isn't far from Henry's record last year. (19 goals so far, versus 26 from Henry last season)

What positions will you be looking to bolster in the Summer?

Left wing, rightback (Alves has no understudy bar Puyol), ideally leftback but doesn't seem we'll go for one. And then there's Cesc... we don't really need another midfielder of his type just yet, although it would give us room to play with Iniesta on the wing, or giving us an outlet when Xavi is man-marked.

Again, I still defend the decision to get rid of Eto'o, but obviously what he brought to the side hasn't been replaced. I think not taking into account that last season was Henry's swan song was a worse mistake.

know you mentioned it the other day, but rooney playing in the middle up front would give you some of the movement and hassling of eto'o and as well as some of the touch and hold up play of ibrahimovic. would also be able to fill in out wide too as he did for man utd when ronaldo was there. not going to happen but it would be mouth-watering to see him in that side.

Again, I still defend the decision to get rid of Eto'o, but obviously what he brought to the side hasn't been replaced. I think not taking into account that last season was Henry's swan song was a worse mistake.

know you mentioned it the other day, but rooney playing in the middle up front would give you some of the movement and hassling of eto'o and as well as some of the touch and hold up play of ibrahimovic. would also be able to fill in out wide too as he did for man utd when ronaldo was there. not going to happen but it would be mouth-watering to see him in that side.

Indeed, FM-tastic thought anyway.

Assuming Hull don't score twice in the next 60 seconds, if Arsenal beat Man City and Man U beat Spurs this weekend, then we beat the dogshit on Sunday, then that puts us above Man City and on the same points as Spurs.

Man City have to play Spurs, and we have to go to Man City, which makes it more interesting.

Against all rightful thinking, we may actually have a chance of fourth.

Hull were terrible for the first 15 mins, then started playing it around nicely without (bar one chance) getting even near scoring, then when we scored the second, they absolutely capitulated and stopped even trying to score.

Gotta say, I'll enjoy seeing us swap places with Hull. It's just a shame that tango twat aint there anymore.

He's still their manager though, don't forget that if/when they are relegated because it'll still be him that sent them down. :)

Gotta say, I'll enjoy seeing us swap places with Hull. It's just a shame that tango twat aint there anymore.

While I am in agreement, I'd rather see them there for another year as they'd be destined to take one of the relegation spots next year.

Guest Geordiesned

Bollocks shot from Stevie G. (Please note "Stevie G" must always be pronounced in a high pitched Scouse squeal)