The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Is anyone else pissed off that if Portsmouth were allowed in the Europa League then Liverpool wouldn't be in Europe at all this season after finishing 7th?

No because Pompey are gonna get absolutely raped in the final so wouldn't have qualified for Europe anyway.

Is anyone else pissed off that if Portsmouth were allowed in the Europa League then Liverpool wouldn't be in Europe at all this season after finishing 7th?

No because Pompey are gonna get absolutely raped in the final so wouldn't have qualified for Europe anyway.

They would. Chelsea's Europa league spot goes to the losing finalist.

They would for being runners up.

The runners-up qualifying for Europe dealy was scrapped a couple of years ago.

No it wasn't, it was for the League Cup though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/uefacup/3023605/Back-door-route-into-Europe-is-shut-for-FA-Cup-final-losers-Football.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/uefacup/3023605/Back-door-route-into-Europe-is-shut-for-FA-Cup-final-losers-Football.html

The other team in the final have already qualified for Europe, spot goes to the runners up I'm sure.

Ok, my question still stands, is anyone pissed off that Portsmouth arn't allowed into Europe?, because if they were allowed in then Liverpool would have no Europien football.

It doesn't man, only if they were to win it

The cash-strapped club had appealed to the FA asking for a Uefa licence to compete in Europe - despite missing the deadline for applications.

Portsmouth would have qualified for the competition if they were to beat Chelsea in the FA Cup final on 15 May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm

UEFA got rid of the runners-up qualifying thing because they felt defeated finalists shouldn't be rewarded, hence across Europe it now always goes to the league instead. I remember researching it after being mugged off on FM.

Guest je85

Man Utd fans  :facepalm:

Talking of Man Utd fans, I wonder how many of them will be pissed off that Rooney's baby had an England shirt on and not a Man Utd one? Even though it's something really petty, some of them won't have liked it.

I think I read somewhere them saying the little 'uns bedroom was kitted out in Everton gear.

From Jon, a Forest fan in Turkey, via text:About to get on a plane. By the time I land in the UK, we'll finally have a new prime minister, and more importantly and after an even longer wait, I hope, I pray, a trip to Wembley...

From the BBC Live text, that must be unbearable.

Anyway, come on Blackpool

Man Utd fans  :facepalm:

Talking of Man Utd fans, I wonder how many of them will be pissed off that Rooney's baby had an England shirt on and not a Man Utd one? Even though it's something really petty, some of them won't have liked it.

I think I read somewhere them saying the little 'uns bedroom was kitted out in Everton gear.

"Once a blue, always a blue" :pow: