Nolan 5

Smith © 7

Jonas 7

Ameobi 5

Carroll 6

Krul 8

Barton 6

Ranger n/a

How did you give Coloccini the same mark as Carroll?

Good lord

Colo made a couple of vital tackles on the edge of the penalty area, i think its his positioning that lets him down

Carroll literally won every header. He deserves at least a 7.

Harper 6

Enrique 6

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 6

R.Taylor 6

Duff 7

Nolan 5

Smith © 7

Jonas 7

Ameobi 5

Carroll 6

Krul 8

Barton 6

Ranger n/a

Good lord

Colo made a couple of vital tackles on the edge of the penalty area, i think its his positioning that lets him down

I agree,he should be positioned either on the bench or at another club.The man has no heart,bottle,guts,call it what you will,for any kind of a battle.

Harper 6

Enrique 6

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 6

R.Taylor 6

Duff 7

Nolan 5

Smith © 7

Jonas 7

Ameobi 5

Carroll 6

Krul 8

Barton 6

Ranger n/a

Good lord

I agree,he should be positioned either on the bench or at another club.The man has no heart,bottle,guts,call it what you will,for any kind of a battle.

Spot on.

He is just horrific. Bramble, Boumsong, hell even Ramage are better defenders.

This is really weird but I think Smith was our MOTM.

Won plenty of tackles but still shows zero footballing ability.

Throwing himself around and lunging into tackles is helpful when he pulls it off, but when Smith gets it wrong he'll be costly, not just in terms of fouls outside the box but in terms of getting only a small amount of the ball and therefore failing to stop the move (whilst also taking himself out of the play). The rest of the time he's too out of position to be able to lunge in.

Crowd pleasing attributes, but ultimately nowhere near as useful as a proper midfield. Like Barton, who came on and demanded the ball off our shitter players, kept it in tight situations, then passed it forwards.

watched this on ESPN 360

Harper: deputy

Krul: LEGEND

Enrique: looked lost going forward

Coloccini: cannot operate in space, direct balls kill him

S Taylor:  OK but I still think he's a better RB

R Taylor: looked better as the game went on

Jonas: went down far to easily early on and Dean wouldn't give im a fair shake after that

Smith: great workrate, nice sliding tackles, good interventions, offensively handicapped

Nolan: was invisible except for his nice pass to Duff and that horrible header

Duff: whole lot of nothing until he moved into space nicely and finished even better

Shola: clueless

Carroll: beast in the air.  shouldn't have been taken out

Barton: best MF we have, time bomb?

Ranger: with better service could have scored a brace

Hughton:  Ranger for Shola, Barton for Nolan would have been the smart play.

1-1 is acceptable.  Midfield is s***

Guest Phil K

Shola needs to be banaished from the team.  Like to see us play one up top.  Carroll, Ranger and Xisco can lead the line in turns.

Yeah need the young heads in there.

Nile's appeared, that should be the start. Kazzy Lua Lua too

Happy enough with the 1-1 against the other relegated team. (Or should I stop saying the R word like they do in Harry Potter with Voldemort's name ?) :laugh:

We're gonna win the f***ing league  :frantic:

Is it better to be king of the shits, or the s*** of kings?

Tbh I actually prefer to 'enjoy' supporting a team. Easier to enjoy winning games in a lower league than being eviscerated week in, week out in the PL. I reckon I'm going to enjoy this season more than any other since SBR was in charge.

Guest Heneage

This is really weird but I think Smith was our MOTM.

Not weird at all. He put himself about and was twice the player Nolan was. He put in some tremendous tackles and worked his arse off. He just played that role that Claude Makalele made famous, just breaking play up and passing it knowing his limits as a player.

Krul was fantastic again he was catching their crosses like he was warming up. Barton looked decent.

As for Ranger, while he touched it once his touch was twice that of anything Amajokee conjured up, I'd be embarrassed if I was him.

Second half.

Krul 9- Purely for that Doorans save, that was fantastic Given like reactions.

Ryan-  7He's only ever going to be a plodder, he'll do for now but should we go up I'd be looking to sell him back

Colocinni 7 Steadied himself in the second half, he stopped messing around and just got rid

Taylor 7.5 - Never troubled showed confidence to come out and win the ball.

Enrique 7 his physicality will come in handy should he stay, and he has to.

Duff 7.5 Took the goal well and was decent, still doesn't attack people the way I would like.

Nolan 5- bar his assist what else was there? He looked to be blowing steam well before anyone else didn't want the ball either. Swap him with Guthrie.

Smith 8.5 MOM overall, because he tackled he broke stuff up and there was no way he was being intimidated by this lot.

Jonas- 7 First half he was major threat second half he looked scared, he's gonna have to used to taking a kick now and again.

Ameobi 0-

Carroll 7 if we get a fast lad to play off him we could have major  success, our very own Quinn and Phillips.

Barton 7 could be very important for us, has an element of class that none of the others in his position bar maybe Guthrie have.

Im actually pretty damn excited  :lol:

Love to see young players performing like Krul did today. And you could see it in his eyes he was so happy to be there. That's exactly what we need!

Can't wait to see some of the other lads get a chance too.

Harper - 5 - Didn't have a whole lot to do, badly at fault for their goal.

R Taylor - 5 - Typical performance from him.

S Taylor - 7 - Thought he looked solid, will do very well in the Championship I think.

Coloccini - 4 - Liability.

Enrique - 7 - Solid at the back, does a great job of getting his body between the ball and his opponent. He'll really have to learn to use the ball quicker though.

Duff - 6 - Horrible first half, but took his goal well and looked a lot more confident after that.

Smith - 8 - Our best player. Some great tackles and generally was a presence in midfield. Encouraging stuff from him.

Nolan - 5 - Laid on the goal brilliantly, was absolutely desperate apart from that.

Jonas - 5 - Started off well but seemed to spit his dummy out after the goal and was desperate in the second half.

Ameobi - 5 - Played better in the second half but still was pretty shite all in all.

Carroll - 7 - The guy is a handful, if we can find a good partner for him I think he'll make a very good CF for us this season.

Krul - 8 - Had 4 very good saves and really deserves a chance to start. Needs to work on the crosses.

Barton looked good when he came on too.

Hughton bottled it in the last twenty minutes tbh. Think we could have gone on to win it, taking off AC was a terrible decision, especially with Nolan having been so ineffective the whole game through.

All in all, a very encouraging game for us though.

With a proper manager in charge, this group are good enough to go straight back up. (Much like they'd have stayed up last year with a proper manager)

Harper 6

R Taylor 5

S Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Enrique 7

Jonas 5

Smith 8

Nolan 6

Duff 6

Carroll 6

Ameobi 0 - get this useless w***** out the club, ruined us today and will all season.

Krul 7

Barton 7

The back four played badly as a unit and as individuals. Krul saved their bacon.

It's tough on Harper but Krul looks like a major talent and seems mentally strong enough to take his chance. We can't hold him back any more.

It was very important we didn't lose, so I'm quite relieved.

Harper 6 - Solid in everything apart from the goal. Hope he isn't too badly hurt.

R. Taylor 5 - Solid in defence, deliveries were inconsistent.

S.Taylor 6 - Average, nothing special. Good to see him encouraging Krul.

Coloccini 4 - Poor, out of position too many times, wish one of the lads would shave his hair as well.

Enrique 6 - Ok going forward, him and Jonas were abit lazy on the ball second half.

Duff 7 - Lots of effort, cracking run  for the goal, cool finish. Final ball needs work.

Nolan 6 - Improved when pushed up, great pass for the goal.

Smith 8 - Bossed the midfield. Few loose passes, but was always strong in the challenge.

Jonas 6 - Killed them down the flanks first half, then looked poor second half. Inconsistent performance.

Ameobi 5- Got himself into good positions needs to be more composed in front of goal. Didn't know he could pull off a stepover like :lol:

Carroll 6 - Same as Ameobi but was stronger on the ball.

Krul 8 - Absolutely fantastic. Just needs to work on decision making when defending corners.

Barton 6 - Looked like he could nick one for us late on. Should start ahead of Nolan or Shola against Reading

Ranger - Can't really give him a grade, nice flick on for Barton. Chased every ball that he got near. Hopefully he gets more time.