Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

interesting that since carrolls been out  we've played more football and really been creative from dead balls. not saying we shouldn't go to carroll but it's better to mix it up and what a decoy carroll could be.

bartons range of passing was the best i've seen today. MotM if it weren't for tiote.

He is a constant talker/shouter which helps a lot.

Absolutely f***ing bollocking Nolan for not tracking back and making him dive in, at five nowt up, that's what I like to see :lol:

aye with about five left.

He is a constant talker/shouter which helps a lot.

Absolutely f***ing bollocking Nolan for not tracking back and making him dive in, at five nowt up, that's what I like to see :lol:

Aye, I loved that.

Barton has great ability - it has taken him a few years to really show that at SJP but he is producing now.

As a player, he is very good, but you always fear that his dark side will re-emerge(as with Gamst Pedersen) and cost us points because he is suspended...also, refs are looking for him, whereas when other players commit similar offences, they get off Scot free.

Right now, we need Barton and as long as he keeps his nose clean all well and good - if he steps out of line again it will be time to review the situation.

Main attribute is his passing ; I still question his fitness/stamina over 90 mins.

A player like Charlie Adam may be his replacement in due course, but then we would need a RW...as if we didn't already...

Barton has great ability - it has taken him a few years to really show that at SJP but he is producing now.

As a player, he is very good, but you always fear that his dark side will re-emerge(as with Gamst Pedersen) and cost us points because he is suspended...also, refs are looking for him, whereas when other players commit similar offences, they get off Scot free.

Right now, we need Barton and as long as he keeps his nose clean all well and good - if he steps out of line again it will be time to review the situation.

Main attribute is his passing ; I still question his fitness/stamina over 90 mins.

A player like Charlie Adam may be his replacement in due course, but then we would need a RW...as if we didn't already...

Charlie Adam isn't fit or good enough to even lace Barton's boots.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Part of me thinks that he will feck it up again because he always does, so grab the money and save his massive wages to use elsewhere while we can.

But, the other part of me says that until we're regularly up the top of the league we just can't get players that good who haven't got flaws (like being injury-prone, violent, argumentative etc) so let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

For the first time Barton's run of form has been so good that I'm now leaning towards the latter viewpoint. He's finally winning me over!

What's also pleasing is his relationship with Tiote. The two know each others games perfectly now.

Bit much for just 6 months, give it another season and they'll know each other inside out, but that goes for all of our squad. Team chemistry has been the real key over the past 18months, ironically, a side effect of Ashley not wanting to incur the costs of buying/selling players whenever a new manager comes in :lol:

Part of me thinks that he will feck it up again because he always does, so grab the money and save his massive wages to use elsewhere while we can.

When did we last sell a player who was playing well and wanted to stay?

I hope he doesn't get an England call-up tbh. Fuck them.

He'll only get injured anyway.

In a selfish Toon fan way then of course you're right.  Thinking from a nuetral position you'd have to say he deserves a crack based on his performances this year.

Guest palnese

He really is playing out of his skin. The lad has incredible technique which i was not aware of over the past few years, playing balls with the outside of his foot like he's Nobby Solano.

Loved the little pass to Best, with the outside of his boot, at the end of the first half. He was so calm and composed and knew exactly what and when to do it.