Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sombrero

I bet the people praising Barton for all this bravado will be the first to condemn him when he inevitably goes off on someone.

Just shut the f*** up and play, Joey. The reason players like Giggs, Scholes and Shearer are such legends are because they kept quiet and just made sure they played well. That's the best and most effective way to endear yourself to fans.

I wouldn't sat they were that quiet! But point taken. I still think he deserves the captaincy today.

Guest Chubby Jason

Go on Joey lad knock f*** out of em fuckin legend tbh :smitten: :smitten:

:huff:

I can't wait until people stop using that "smitten" smiley. Revolting.

I was being facetious :smitten:

I bet the people praising Barton for all this bravado will be the first to condemn him when he inevitably goes off on someone.

Just shut the fuck up and play, Joey. The reason players like Giggs, Scholes and Shearer are such legends are because they kept quiet and just made sure they played well. That's the best and most effective way to endear yourself to fans.

:thup: Lets also not forget how below par he has been for the majority of his career here. He is having a great season but one season doesn't cut it, keep it up Joey and prove to everyone you are who you say you are.

I'm sure Barton will give him a warm welcome tomorrow. :knuppel2:

I love Barton, he's one of those crazy bastards that if he's yours you worship him but if he played for anyone else he'd be a dick.

I'm sure Barton will give him a warm welcome tomorrow. :knuppel2:

I love Barton, he's one of those crazy bastards that if he's yours you worship him but if he played for anyone else he'd be a dick.

My sentiments too tbh and gut feeling he will be here next season .

I like Barton, he has cleaned up his act and has been one of our better players this season. We just need to keep him here for awhile, he needs to remember how we've stuck by him the last number of seasons.

Guest toonlass

I hope Joey Barton continues to behave himself if for nothing else to piss off those who are waiting for him to fuck up.

an embarrasment of almost Dyer vs man utd proportions. if you make grandiose statements in the press then you better be able to back it up with performances once what you've said is made public. dickhead.

Guest Chubby Jason

A lesson learnt to keeping his mouth shut. Declaring yourself the best midfielder in England puts a stupid amount of unnecessary pressure on a player. He's an idiot simple as that.

Spent far too much time yelling at the referee and trying to initiate contact/draw a foul. Just play the game.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I don't think he's been nearly as good the last couple months as he was in the first half of the season. Still has some wonderful moments, but gives the ball away a lot more and he's overhitting a lot of his long passes.

Spent far too much time yelling at the referee and trying to initiate contact/draw a foul. Just play the game.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I don't think he's been nearly as good the last couple months as he was in the first half of the season. Still has some wonderful moments, but gives the ball away a lot more and he's overhitting a lot of his long passes.

Agree. Same goes for Enrique.