Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a quote to use. It suggests he thinks he's a victim in life, when he's actually been riding his luck for years.

Had to laugh at Barton quoting Morrissey about some 'working-class unite' bollocks. Have them two ever had a proper job in their life?

Morrissey worked in inland revenue IIRC

Guest BooBoo

He's beginning to sound like David Brent and his book of quotes he carries with him.

When you're facing the right direction, all you gotta do is keep on walking.

Ashley's NUFC - one step backwards, two steps back.

The stunning lack of investment has caused all of this s****. I'll admit Barton was stupid to make his criticism public but he's obviously been as frustrated as the majority of the fans. Every penny goes back into the team we were told. f***ing lies man.

This club will never move forward under Ashley's reign. It's a s**** state of affairs and I'm genuinely worried how many more of our (few) quality players will just give up on us and move on to a club with ambitions. Unfortunately we'll still be here after they, and Ashley, have slung their hooks. It's f***ing shameful.

Once again, cannot disagree Mr Midds :thup:

What a quote to use. It suggests he thinks he's a victim in life, when he's actually been riding his luck for years.

Riding his natural talent tbf, he could have been the key part of any midfield, his talent is no less than Gerrards imo.

I'm not even a fan of Gerrard or the style of player that he is, but he's twice as talented and twice the footballer Barton is.

Ashley's NUFC - one step backwards, two steps back.

The stunning lack of investment has caused all of this s****. I'll admit Barton was stupid to make his criticism public but he's obviously been as frustrated as the majority of the fans. Every penny goes back into the team we were told. f***ing lies man.

This club will never move forward under Ashley's reign. It's a s**** state of affairs and I'm genuinely worried how many more of our (few) quality players will just give up on us and move on to a club with ambitions. Unfortunately we'll still be here after they, and Ashley, have slung their hooks. It's f***ing shameful.

Absolutely spot on that like.

Knowing Ashley as we do you can only assume that Joey knew his tweets would lead to this. He could have done his talking on the pitch but he chose to pick a fight he knew he'd lose. I'm more than a tad pissed off with him; like Nolan, he could have stayed.

I'm dreading the start of the season. I'd like to think Ashley will replace but will he fuck.

@elgalgojonas jonas gutierrez

Algunas personas quieren que algo ocurra, otras sueñan con que pasara, otras hacen que suceda.

1 minute ago

Translates as 'Some people want something to happen, others dream for it to happen, others make it happen.'

Algunas personas quieren que algo ocurra, otras sueñan con que pasara, otras hacen que suceda.

1 minute ago

Translates as 'Some people want something to happen, others dream for it to happen, others make it happen.'

Love to know what he means by that, something lost on translation

1 minute ago

From what I can gather it's a common philosophical phrase in Spanish.

The players reaction is normal really.

Their friends/our prev matchwinners are being replaced by cheaper options due to the circumstances in which we're able to find them. Its normal that theyd be biased towards it not being right due to losing someone they respected & liked from the team. Doesnt mean theyre right & that we arent improving.

All of that is part of the drawback of selling such big figures in the dressing room in the first place and should have been weighed up, its not as simple as replacing old with new and saving money/getting success. Theyre going to be affected. The way we've dealt with that has been a disaster, dont see how you can look past the people in charge.

1 minute ago

My Spanish other half confirms the translation word for word. Defence of Barton+Enrique I think..

1 minute ago

My Spanish other half confirms the translation word for word. Defence of Barton+Enrique I think..

In what way mate?

1 minute ago

Reads to me that Barton has forced the club into giving him what he wants.

0% - Newcastle's PL win percentage without Joey Barton in the team during 2010-11, compared to 34% when he played. Available

hope he stays just based on this.

That's a pretty misleading stat. He only missed 6 PL games and included in those were draws with Fulham, Chelsea, and Bolton.

Hopefully this isnt the start of players handing in transfer requests flat out. I can really see some of the squad losing faith and patience with the club if we sell Barton and Enrique in the near future.

1 minute ago

Reads to me that Barton has forced the club into giving him what he wants.

Yeah am not to sure its in support of Barton