Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey has hardly lifted the lid on a massive secret, we all know the owner and his cronies are a bunch of soppy c***s who haven't the first clue about running a proper football club. What it has done, is brought things out a bit more to the public and non- Newcastle fans. Lots of people at work are giving Ashley a lot of s*** for the deciet and such about the transfer money disappearing and the general way he runs our club. Joey has over stepped the mark, of course, but in doing so may have started the ball rolling for Ashley & Co to finally be on their way out. As someone posted earlier, anarchy might be the only way to overthrow these guys.

I realise there's a lot of fairytale thinking in there, but I can't just be enveloped totally in the negativity currently surrounding us.

So someone else will suddenly want to pay Mike Ashley what he thinks NUFC is worth because of Joey Barton's rant?

Until someone else wants to buy NUFC we are stuck with Ashley. Ironically, his penny pinching is more likely to help him sell the club as NUFC will be more attractive to a buyer without the debts of most clubs. Knowing our luck any new buyer would end up being like Birmingham City's owner or QPR's tight fisted owners.

LiterallyJamie Not Jamie Redknapp

@Joey7Barton How was training? Did you stand on your own, and leave on your own, and go home and cry, and want to die?

:lol:

:lol: I did chuckle when I saw that like.

Joey has hardly lifted the lid on a massive secret, we all know the owner and his cronies are a bunch of soppy c***s who haven't the first clue about running a proper football club. What it has done, is brought things out a bit more to the public and non- Newcastle fans. Lots of people at work are giving Ashley a lot of s*** for the deciet and such about the transfer money disappearing and the general way he runs our club. Joey has over stepped the mark, of course, but in doing so may have started the ball rolling for Ashley & Co to finally be on their way out. As someone posted earlier, anarchy might be the only way to overthrow these guys.

I realise there's a lot of fairytale thinking in there, but I can't just be enveloped totally in the negativity currently surrounding us.

So someone else will suddenly want to pay Mike Ashley what he thinks NUFC is worth because of Joey Barton's rant?

Until someone else wants to buy NUFC we are stuck with Ashley. Ironically, his penny pinching is more likely to help him sell the club as NUFC will be more attractive to a buyer without the debts of most clubs. Knowing our luck any new buyer would end up being like Birmingham City's owner or QPR's tight fisted owners.

No? I didn't say Joey's rant will make a buyer pluck up from the ground, I was alluding to the anarchy aspect forcing Ashley's hand; i.e. lowering the asking price, which would hopefully appeal to some buyers. As you say, NUFC could be more attractive to a buyer now, as opposed to last time, with costs way down.  Like I said, it's very positive thinking at best :)

Guest fraser

Ashley and Llambias are the leaders of the club whether they like it or not.

They are the role models for others, including Joey. They are proven liars and their penchant for self-aggrandisement is risible whether it is Ashley swallowing his pint in his laddish way or Llambias bad-mouthing ex-players.

The chaos will continue (despite business plans and breaking-even plans) because they are reprehensible individuals and not to be trusted never mind imitated. The culture of the club is wrong.

LiterallyJamie Not Jamie Redknapp

@Joey7Barton How was training? Did you stand on your own, and leave on your own, and go home and cry, and want to die?

Pow :lol:

Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but I just noticed that the photo of Barton on the official nufc.co.uk website that goes along with the announcement, shows him with the captain's armband:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110801/barton-placed-on-transfer-list_2281670_2407238

Just goes to show that at many levels the business side of this club doesn't know what the F they're doing...

Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but I just noticed that the photo of Barton on the official nufc.co.uk website that goes along with the announcement, shows him with the captain's armband:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110801/barton-placed-on-transfer-list_2281670_2407238

Just goes to show that at many levels the business side of this club doesn't know what the F they're doing...

I thought about that.

Intelligent Joey has even managed to get the lyrics wrong.

How come that you, a supporter of Barton of recent years, have developed into someone who doesn't seem to support him at all anymore btw?

How come that you, a supporter of Barton of recent years, have developed into someone who doesn't seem to support him at all anymore btw?

Not suggesting it's the case here, but maybe some people simply don't agree with what he's done this summer?

Not suggesting it's the case here, but maybe some people simply don't agree with what he's done this summer?

Obviously, but I thought about that some days ago that he (Ronaldo) has really changed his mind about Barton.

You crazy??  :yikes:

You are either in the for or against camp around these parts!! You cant be sensible about this!  :shifty:    :aww:

Guest bimpy474

Thats a massive problem with the some of the anti Ashley brigade (which they are quite right to be by the way, i hate him too) on here, if you question the behaviour of a player, Barton, Nolan etc, then we are Ashley apologists (arrghhhh), the players cant possibly be wrong, so much so that every article written by any journ critical of those players must mean then they are bought, sold and in Ashleys pocket, its such paranoid claptrap.

Thats a massive problem with the some of the anti Ashley brigade (which they are quite right to be by the way, i hate him too) on here, if you question the behaviour of a player, Barton, Nolan etc, then we are Ashley apologists (arrghhhh), the players cant possibly be wrong, so much so that every article written by any journ critical of those players must mean then they are bought, sold and in Ashleys pocket, its such paranoid claptrap.

That's exactly what someone working for Ashley would say.

Guest bimpy474

That's exactly what someone working for Ashley would say.

:pow: